DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It will be difficult to win a tournament if you are not 100% focused. Maybe if it's a rare day where luck works 1000% in your favor.

In particular, it is ideal to always continuously observe every action at the table, even if you are not involved in the hand. And for many, this is the torturous part of the game, where many take the opportunity to interact with their cell phones, watch TV, surf the internet or anything other than the game.

So, to reduce this lack of focus, the ideal is to cut all triggers, that is:
Get away from everything that is taking your focus;
Turn off the tv;
Leave your cell phone away or turned off;
Avoid accessing the internet...
Between others.

The ideal is to identify the evil and literally walk away, and without a doubt you will have a lot of difficulties to control yourself at first, but the results will show over the days.

Just have discipline and focus on your goals and the results will come.

And you, what do you do to increase your focus?

ninpo

ninpo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
i totally agree with you focus and discipline are key to have a good result in poker

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello Diego, I believe you are giving us some good tips. I don't know how many tables you play at the same time, but in fact you are right about focusing on the game, even if not involved in the hand.

I play a lot of tables with you and I see that you have a solid game and I admire your results. I hope to reach the level that you have and I will follow your advice more.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for some reason, the streamer, who played 12-15 tables, did not focus on every action of opponents, and reached the final table in 5-6 tournaments, I play chess in parallel, no focus:rolleyes:

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good tips, friend. Focus before, during and after...
Staying focused in online poker is a process. You need to start your concentration ritual even before starting the session, organizing the environment and preparing your body and mind.
Avoiding distractions will be very important. Also, knowing how to deal with bad beats, so that tilt moments don't put everything to waste, is also fundamental. If you haven't figured out who the fish at the table is yet, chances are that person is you.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Focus on the game is important. If totally focused you can pick up a lot that is happening at the table you’re at. When I play I only have iTunes open and listen to meditation music.

Someone mentioned multiple table playing. One thing I have noticed is when playing multiple table I miss things that cost me value in hand and lost chips in others. You can focus well and play this way but you just need to realize you may not pick up on everything.

I do multiple table when I play but don’t recommend it to people working on improving their game or newer players.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I agree with you but when you play at home it's hard to resist the Internet and when a boring game or a very long game people start looking for interesting moments on the Internet to distract themselves from the boring long time playing poker and 50% of players do this every day:)

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Totally 💯 agree I always say table awareness is important.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It will be difficult to win a tournament if you are not 100% focused. Maybe if it's a rare day where luck works 1000% in your favor.

In particular, it is ideal to always continuously observe every action at the table, even if you are not involved in the hand. And for many, this is the torturous part of the game, where many take the opportunity to interact with their cell phones, watch TV, surf the internet or anything other than the game.

So, to reduce this lack of focus, the ideal is to cut all triggers, that is:
Get away from everything that is taking your focus;
Turn off the tv;
Leave your cell phone away or turned off;
Avoid accessing the internet...
Between others.

The ideal is to identify the evil and literally walk away, and without a doubt you will have a lot of difficulties to control yourself at first, but the results will show over the days.

Just have discipline and focus on your goals and the results will come.

And you, what do you do to increase your focus?
[/QUO thank you very much it is simple and very welcome for me 👍

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the only thing I do is listen to music while I'm playing, it helps me concentrate more.
Listening to music helps me too, but there's one detail, I like to listen to a little bit of everything, but depending on the rhythm of the music or even the lyrics, it influences me negatively, so it's essential to know what you're listening to.
I agree with you but when you play at home it's hard to resist the Internet and when a boring game or a very long game people start looking for interesting moments on the Internet to distract themselves from the boring long time playing poker and 50% of players do this every day:)
That's the good news, if the person is not focused, it's a great chance to exploit them.
Focus on the game is important. If totally focused you can pick up a lot that is happening at the table you’re at. When I play I only have iTunes open and listen to meditation music.

Someone mentioned multiple table playing. One thing I have noticed is when playing multiple table I miss things that cost me value in hand and lost chips in others. You can focus well and play this way but you just need to realize you may not pick up on everything.

I do multiple table when I play but don’t recommend it to people working on improving their game or newer players.
I particularly stopped using hud two years ago, replacing it with my own player classification system and with this system, I play about 8~12 tables per session.

I agree with you, it is practically impossible to detect something. But when the day is over, I open the program, upload the hands and see why I lost, if I need to adapt my game or change the player's rating by studying his game again.
But anyway, for all this to work perfectly, I need to be focused.
Good tips, friend. Focus before, during and after...
Staying focused in online poker is a process. You need to start your concentration ritual even before starting the session, organizing the environment and preparing your body and mind.
Avoiding distractions will be very important. Also, knowing how to deal with bad beats, so that tilt moments don't put everything to waste, is also fundamental. If you haven't figured out who the fish at the table is yet, chances are that person is you.
Yes, that's correct, but do you agree that even if you're having a bad day and you need to play, you have to look for ways to concentrate on the moment of the game?
Self-control, one of the bases of focus and tilt.
Hello Diego, I believe you are giving us some good tips. I don't know how many tables you play at the same time, but in fact you are right about focusing on the game, even if not involved in the hand.

I play a lot of tables with you and I see that you have a solid game and I admire your results. I hope to reach the level that you have and I will follow your advice more.
What a nice message to receive Chris, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

This year I'm still reinventing myself after a major mental breakdown with PS, but I'm getting back on track lol.

But I try to convey the little I know with all the respect in the world, always respecting everyone's truth.

But again, thanks for the message!