In your opinion: what are the three basic rules of a poker player?

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all players have different basic rules, a basic rule is to manage your BANKROLL correctly:driver:

:ciao:

1) Play on your limits and do not rush to move to higher ones. 2) Do not feel negative emotions towards your opponents and remain calm. 3) Do not give up even with prolonged tilt, go ahead and believe in success!

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#1 Only play with money you can lose, and still get your bills paid

#2 Always pay attention to the table and everyone's actions. Learn to exploit their bad habits

#3 When your hot play till you lose an exploitable hand of your playing style. Then get up and count your winnings. On the flip side, never keep playing to win back loses. Instead focus on your play. If you got it in right, and lost. Variance is probably not on your side, and call it a night. If you made a bad read, rebuy if you would like, take a note on the player you lost too, and see if you can get a run going.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1:Respect others
2:Respect yourself
3:Have fun,it's a game.:D

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My 3 Basic Rules of Poker

Hi there,

good thread this as it has attracted a lot of response --well done.

My 3 rules are

1. Play according to your means ( bankroll management).
2. Identify the areas you need to work on and work on them!
3. Never think you know it all..keep learning

I wish you well

pirateglenn

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting question. However, every player will have different opinion about this and not only could be 3 rules but for me also could be some steps to get the best performance in your poker career.1) Study
2) Dedication
3) Be happy playing poker. You have to enjoy it.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting question. However, every player will have different opinion about this and not only could be 3 rules but for me also could be some steps to get the best performance in your poker career.1) Study
2) Dedication
3) Be happy playing poker. You have to enjoy it.
if it's true !! ... you have to enjoy the game!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, the basic rules are:
1. Patiently wait for good cards.
2. Disciplined to adhere to the rules.
3. Play poker only when I have a good mood.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) manage the bankroll, 2) play not very good cards carefully try to make less mistakes and not lose a lot, 3) patience in the game and wait for a good card and play!

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) manage the bankroll, 2) play not very good cards carefully try to make less mistakes and not lose a lot, 3) patience in the game and wait for a good card and play!
you're right, those are the three basic rules of a MMT tournament

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Play as money hands as possible and learn from your mistakes
2. Know when it is time to quit
3. If you lose, stop whining and use your energy to develop your skills by playing more and study harder.

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
undoubtedly, this management of your Bank plays a significant role and your mood should always be played only in a good mood and be able to keep their emotions to themselves without showing their opponents

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
undoubtedly, this management of your Bank plays a significant role and your mood should always be played only in a good mood and be able to keep their emotions to themselves without showing their opponents

Poker Rules - Poker Games