iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's a very bad idea. And every time that happened, it just proved that the idea for real is pretty bad :)

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
According to Australian researchers, a bad mood is a great incentive to play poker. If you are sad, this is not a reason to give up the game, but on the contrary, it is a great method of dealing with negativity.

Usually, a beginner who wants to understand all the intricacies of the game of poker, carefully follows all the advice that he could find and apply. But these recommendations do not always turn out to be one hundred percent correct. For example, a general rule of thumb is not to play in a bad mood. It's one thing if people start playing to have fun, take a break from the gray everyday life, feel excitement and inspiration. But it is quite another matter when a person plans to turn poker into his main hobby or even into a professional business. Then negative emotions will not hinder him at all in poker, but, on the contrary, will allow him to look at things soberly, which is very useful in this intellectual game.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Nope :)

When I'm in a bad mood, sleep is the best decision or watch some movies... :)

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play when i am in bad mood. I try to redress the bad mood first.
I believe, our thoughts and emotions has direct impact on our physical and mental well being. While playing poker, the bad mood (or reason there off) may be hurting you at the back of your mind which may lead to errors and losses.

D

daniel411

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me definitely bad idea. Always when i played after trouble with my wife or tiered i lost money. Now i always try to refuse to play with bad mood but it dont works every time and after my BR is smaller

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are in a bad mood, where does the patience to play come from? I never sit down in a bad mood. Even freerolls.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with those, who say, its a bad idea, at least if you are playing for money, that matter to you. You can compare it to athletes, and no serious athlete prepare for the match or competition by being hungover, stressed, sleep deprivated or anything else, which might deteriorate their performance.

For the best results in poker we also need to bring the best version of ourself to the tables as often as possible. Of course in real life this is easier said than done, but its important to be self aware enough to notice, when we are playing C-game, and then simply wind the session down :)

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely try to avoid playing when. My mind isn’t in a good mental state. Playing poker while in a bad mood , angry, or sad can be a very disastrous situation. Emotions can be running too high and proper decision making can and most likely will be affected. Tilt in poker is a major leak for many. I often see players suffer a bad beat and the very next hand they are all in with any 2 cards. Often they are eliminated when they didn’t need to be. A bad mood can lead to some troubling poker. I suggest taking a break and avoid the table until you can give the required focus to make good choices, mathematical probability, table reads, and plays that are not based on emotion.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in whatever mood I'm in. Sometimes I use poker to learn and control my emotions because when you're in a bad mood you keep making bad calls, bad decisions, so I try and control those feelings and stick to the gameplan. It's a no brainer that whatever you do in life you do worse when not feeling the best, but to be succesfull you kind of have to do good no matter what. Discipline is key

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes It makes things better. Like Basketball players, soccer players, etc. Once they play it makes things better and they forget about their problems and get lost in a world where you constantly try to get better and better. Besides what are you in a bad mood for. Life is too short for that.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not particular about feeling and play.

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never play poker if I have any kind of problem or tired, it's a terrible idea, for sure you will not give your best, and will make wrong plays consequently damaging your banckroll.

Good luck at the tables!
Do u play poker if u were in a bad mood
:jd4::jd4:

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is not even an option when I am in that state of mind.

L

livyst123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sadly yes but I try to separate myself from the feelings and cope by exercising or moving around during games.