Improving Poker Skills

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What did you do to improve your poker skills and how much time do you dedicate to poker?

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What did you do to improve your poker skills and how much time do you dedicate to poker?

Hi azgeda, I try to dedicate to study and play most I can. To improve my game I like to analize my hands and try to read and watch videos about poker strategy.
CardsChat have an exellente Poker Course, with book and videos: "Become a winning poker player in 30 days"
https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-w...-poker-player/
The best way to improve the poker game, enjoy it.
Cheers :)

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would start with the course here on CC. It is good and can get you thinking. I would then consider Gripsed and Jonathan Little. I would balance it out with play in stakes you can handle.

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
daily 1 hour of theory and 2 hours of practical sessions

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great question.

Mark hands you play online where you're unsure of the right line, either using tracking software or by taking a screenshot. Then study them away from the table. Post them in the tournament/cash hand analysis forums here if you're not sure. Forum members will usually be very happy to help.

And thanks very much to everyone in this thread recommending the 30 day course!

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always had a curious mind and been a prolific reader about pretty much anything that interested me. And having been a data processing technician in the NAVY, working shifts from twelve to thirty-six hours, I had a lot of time for reading. I had read a lot about poker, among many other things, long before online poker came along. I also used to go to a buddy's house where my friends would get together to play video games. But not being big on them myself, I took a look at his bookshelf and noticed several poker books, most of which had never been cracked. I would sit and read them while the other guys played X-Box. Since starting to play online poker, I started watching more poker on TV and paying attention to the commentary and analysis. I watched hours of online training videos as well as a lot of pros doing hand analysis from online tournaments. I still won't hesitate read articles or watch videos whenever I hear about poker concepts that I am unfamiliar with.

monicamusse

monicamusse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
study, analyze your games and moves, are always looking to improve and evolve

G

Galette71

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello there is so many way to improve your game... but everything is on this site ... videos, tutoral, application, forums ... and also you need to practice a lot

Z

zeist2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I regularly play freerolls with a different tactic. Sometimes aggressive, the other time waiting. Sometimes many hands, other times few hands. This gives me a good insight into which tactics are profitable. And it is also fun to do.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A beginner in poker should devote 80% of their time to theory and 20% to playing. Then this streak gradually flows from 80/20 to 20/80. That is, when you get super cool, you will need to ride a lot, and the main job will be to analyze your difficult hands. However, how quickly you move from point 1 to point 2 is already a question. Many start out well, and the moment they still need to learn a lot of theory (for example, 40% theory and 60% practice), they become too lazy to work. That is, it seems that you already have to skate a lot, as if you already know something, you understand - and you stop theory, and the game starts to limp. Therefore, the players' task is to work on the game absolutely always. Just in different proportions.
Personally, I always try to test what I haven't tested yet. These are mainly decisions of certain flops, turns and some rivers. However, we play some flops by inertia and always want to check if it was right to play against a certain opponent. The same goes for bends and rivers.