Implied Odds and Reverse Implied Odds (Day 9 Course Discussion)

jeambeam

jeambeam

Enthusiast
Total posts
Awards
ID
i practiced lesson 1 until 4th day.. most of the i successes reach champion or bubble but when i try to continues the practice till now and apply all of the lesson to my game strategy i got busted and lose less than 30 minute. i knocked just because loss my stack because of blind in other if im not fold my combination card dealt on river sometime on turn... but because of i try to discipline and follow the rules those make me bad luck and loss because of my stack was debt a little by a little. why its happen its that something wrong to implicated it or why??

christovam

christovam

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
BR
Implied Odds and Reverse Implied Odds are the topic of discussion on Day 9 of our course.

If you have not yet read Day 9 and watched the video for Day 9 - take a few minutes now to do that and then come back here to discuss it:

Implied Odds and Reverse Implied Odds

Implied odds is the ratio of the possible or likely amount we will win relative to the cost of calling. This is a very important concept if you are playing with deep stacks.

Reverse implied odds is having a made hand that's not likely to win us more money when it's best, and can lose us a lot of money when we are beat.

What did you learn from this lesson and what questions do you have for Collin and Katie?

c540e741a8f6c4035704aff2bd91aecc.png

9bae48e8b0b6064ee1698bd2e01bd23b.png
I think it's one of my biggest difficulties in poker. Making decisions based on implied odds is almost an art. Only the best master it.

christovam

christovam

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
BR
This is a very important concept, but you have to know your opponent very well if you are a very aggressive player and he increases us with a draw it is very likely that we will make a maximum value strategy if we get the tie right, but if the guy is very passive and rigid we will hardly be brakes even if we cancel the odds.
Likewise with the poket pair, if the guy makes very lice 3bets, calling to define mining is not so good because he has many hands that will not affect the board and will tend to give up any action shown.
Oh, good points. Congratulations.

christovam

christovam

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
BR
Fellow CCers,

Another revealing concept here. The good thing about this information is the fact that we have a benchmark to guide decisions. It's great to take the guesswork out and make math-supported plays to increase profitability over time.

Answer to the video question:

The creepy part of this is the number of players to play from behind. Before reading this chapter, I would have given up that hand instantly. However, putting the implied odds at stake, I see that the odds are around 38:1, well above the 20:1 guideline and it's worth trying to hit a 6 on the flop. If the hero hits a set on the flop, he can fold and a little more.

I would pay and expect no one else to do it, although I thought a little about increasing it. It would be good to push the other players away with a raise.

I'm enjoying seeing the game through a different lens. Good stuff.
One thing that makes you upset is to see several people paying the bets. It's very different to play multiway.

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator