Implied Odds and Reverse Implied Odds (Day 9 Course Discussion)

jeambeam

jeambeam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
ID
Chips
i practiced lesson 1 until 4th day.. most of the i successes reach champion or bubble but when i try to continues the practice till now and apply all of the lesson to my game strategy i got busted and lose less than 30 minute. i knocked just because loss my stack because of blind in other if im not fold my combination card dealt on river sometime on turn... but because of i try to discipline and follow the rules those make me bad luck and loss because of my stack was debt a little by a little. why its happen its that something wrong to implicated it or why??

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Implied Odds and Reverse Implied Odds are the topic of discussion on Day 9 of our course.

If you have not yet read Day 9 and watched the video for Day 9 - take a few minutes now to do that and then come back here to discuss it:

Implied Odds and Reverse Implied Odds

Implied odds is the ratio of the possible or likely amount we will win relative to the cost of calling. This is a very important concept if you are playing with deep stacks.

Reverse implied odds is having a made hand that's not likely to win us more money when it's best, and can lose us a lot of money when we are beat.

What did you learn from this lesson and what questions do you have for Collin and Katie?

c540e741a8f6c4035704aff2bd91aecc.png

9bae48e8b0b6064ee1698bd2e01bd23b.png
I think it's one of my biggest difficulties in poker. Making decisions based on implied odds is almost an art. Only the best master it.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is a very important concept, but you have to know your opponent very well if you are a very aggressive player and he increases us with a draw it is very likely that we will make a maximum value strategy if we get the tie right, but if the guy is very passive and rigid we will hardly be brakes even if we cancel the odds.
Likewise with the poket pair, if the guy makes very lice 3bets, calling to define mining is not so good because he has many hands that will not affect the board and will tend to give up any action shown.
Oh, good points. Congratulations.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Fellow CCers,

Another revealing concept here. The good thing about this information is the fact that we have a benchmark to guide decisions. It's great to take the guesswork out and make math-supported plays to increase profitability over time.

Answer to the video question:

The creepy part of this is the number of players to play from behind. Before reading this chapter, I would have given up that hand instantly. However, putting the implied odds at stake, I see that the odds are around 38:1, well above the 20:1 guideline and it's worth trying to hit a 6 on the flop. If the hero hits a set on the flop, he can fold and a little more.

I would pay and expect no one else to do it, although I thought a little about increasing it. It would be good to push the other players away with a raise.

I'm enjoying seeing the game through a different lens. Good stuff.
One thing that makes you upset is to see several people paying the bets. It's very different to play multiway.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
First video of the classes until the moment Youtube was not able to generate the subtitles translated for me, but this is a problem of Youtube, of course, it has nothing to do with the video, anyway, I took advantage of the content as much as I could, I managed translate the e-book, Very important concept, it is very connected to your range too, playing with mismatched ranges can imply very implicit reverse odds, so focus on people, beware of the mania of playing which A, and don't stop studying!

09/30.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have always dropped small pocket pairs like a hot tater unless I had absolute position and it was cheap.

I see here that this 20 to 1 ratio gives a reasonable guide to expand my range with the small pocket pairs and hopefully increase my win rate.

jonasz warzecha

jonasz warzecha

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
nice vid
Good to know that for so long I have it wrong
This chapter completely changed my point of view.
Just realise that in early stages I’m over betting too much trying to improve instead of follow blinds, play longer and warming up.

Hope there will be in later days some bankroll management and betting sizing chapter

Feel enlightened!!

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, Nice topic, day 9 finished.
1. To hand 66: the odd implied is 5060/140 that is 36:1.
2. The hero should be call because the odd implied are more than 20:1, but we should take in account the behaviour for other villain.

Thanks for the video and the book.

Anamembu

Anamembu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Day 9 complete, understanding implied odds and reverse implied odds is essential for improving in poker. I look forward to learning more about how to use these concepts to make more accurate decisions at the table. Thank you for sharing this valuable information.

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator