I'm learning. How much time should I dedicate to playing per day and how much to study?

gonza1036

gonza1036

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I am learning. How much time should I spend playing games per day and how much studying? I would like to start with a bankroll 200$.
how much time would I have to dedicate per day to play tournaments and in the process learn

Quaresma

Quaresma

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There is no exact amount of time between study and practice. But I recommend that you study at least twice a week and the rest of the time put into practice what you've been learning. I, for example, do an hour-long pre-grind preparation before starting to play, looking at spots and hands I played the day before to check for errors and successes. So when I start the game day I'm already in my memory with some game situations resolved and fresh in my memory, reducing my mistakes and improving my game.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's no right answer, because each player is different. I think the amount of time you should spend playing/study is the amount of hours you can play/study and still be focused 100% in what you're doing. I see there are players that spend 10-12 hours/day to play and I can't do that, after 5-6 hours I'm already too tired to play and I can't focus anymore.

gonza1036

gonza1036

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
There is no exact amount of time between study and practice. But I recommend that you study at least twice a week and the rest of the time put into practice what you have been learning. For example, I prepare an hour before starting to play, looking at the points and hands I played the day before to check for errors and successes. So when I start the day of the match I am already in my memory with some game situations resolved and fresh in my memory, reducing my mistakes and improving my game.
Thank you good advice to prepare for my session

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my tip would be to mix playing days and studying days, in the beginning the best thing is to dedicate more time to studying poker.
with that $200 bankroll you could play 1% of your bankroll which would be the $2 tournament which would be 100x the tournament buy-in, the freerolls are the best games to study and play while seeing various player trends.

gonza1036

gonza1036

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
My advice would be to mix gaming days and study days, at first the best thing is to spend more time studying poker.
With that $200 bankroll you could play 1% of your bankroll, which would be the $2 tournament that would be 100 times the tournament buy-in. Freerolls are the best games to study and play while watching various player trends.
Thank you if the best thing is going to be to focus on playing $2 tournaments and having days off to study

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am learning. How much time should I spend playing games per day and how much studying? I would like to start with a bankroll 200$.
how much time would I have to dedicate per day to play tournaments and in the process learn
dont play at all
you are only going to gain incorrect tendancys
study study study until there is nothing left to learn
then go play

J

James2023

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
If you can't afford to lose it I would recommend only getting into sports betting on pokerstars and get really good at multi betting. study every team and make your bets based upon that. you can sometimes win big from small bets. I once won 600 usd from 2 dollars I would of had 3000 dollars if I didn't cash out early.

As for poker Rng's look out beware that its not like real poker, and its not completely random. Also people can hack/see your cards and the outcome of the flop before the flop happens. I would stick to playing the lowest buy in's and build slowly... its your best shot of making it. The freerolls are great and if you can make rebuys and addons you can win 11 -215 dollars satellites from nothing or even just from10-25 cents .

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you have time available, and your focus is poker, study from 30 minutes to 1 hour a day and play the rest, divide your routine/schedule well, determine a schedule to register for tournaments, which does not disturb your routine as one all. How should you study? reviewing your game always, choose a spot to study every week, separate hands from that specific spot you chose to study and start separating hands on the chosen spot and review the next day.