I'm learning to be agressive

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been studying poker a lot and one thing that I have to say is RAISE.Pay attention to the players that raise they are always with more chips than the others.

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raising can help you take down pots early, reduces the chances of players with worse hands beating you because you've made it more expensive for them to enter the hand. If you have a good hand, you want to get as much money into the pot as you can.

shykarno

shykarno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very often hear that aggressive poker is a winning poker I also want to learn.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are always with more chips or no chips at all. Keep that in mind when you are playing overly aggressively.

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Experienced players love to make slowplay with a good hand against aggressive players. Such situations need to be noticed and stop the aggression.

Alexander Rubcov

Alexander Rubcov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read a book about Tournament strategies in today's aggressive games.The authors of the book the team Elki Bertrand Grospellier,Lee Nelson.Book title The Raiser's Edge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agressive

i belive that there is no rule about playing poker
my opinion is that good playing is like a salad
agressive is not always ....wining

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the first lessons you should make sure you understand when learning poker:

When you bet/raise, you have TWO possible ways to win. Your opponent can fold or you can show down the best hand. When you check/call, you have only one way to win. You must have the best hand.

Think about that and why it's preferable to bet/raise.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that the aggressive style of the game requires a thorough experience and good knowledge. If you are a beginner, your aggressive game style, in most cases, will bring you losses.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of people say playing a TAG (Tight-AGgressive) game is the best way to learn to play. You play tight to minimize losses, but when you do play a hand you play it aggressively to maximize profits. Some things you may want to research (even doing a search here on CardsChat) are opening hands, three betting, c-betting (continuation betting), hand ranges, and shoving. I think those are the fundamental skills to TAG play. Is there a good TAG player out there who would recommend something else?

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to be aggressive when I have a lots of chips to play with

shykarno

shykarno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm new. and when I decided to try to play aggressively, I saved up a big stack, and I thought that I had learned to play))) but after a while I lost. aggression needs a lot of experience and knowledge))

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, you need to correctly use the tactics of an aggressive player and have a good card at the same time, otherwise you will fail and you will only reduce the stack. I try to be less aggressive.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best teaching is to practice small amounts.

badboydean00

badboydean00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been studying poker a lot and one thing that I have to say is RAISE.Pay attention to the players that raise they are always with more chips than the others.
play unpredictably......best success:cool:................................

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to be very careful and cautious at the table to play aggressively...
otherwise you will always be aggressive fish...)))
:ridinghor

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
It all depends on which type of tournaments you play. I believe that an aggressive game is not the best strategy for slow tournaments. I usually try to play cautiously, with only strong cards, using the position at the table.
Good luck.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that it is necessary to play aggressively in situations where aggression is justified and profitable.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggressive play is good as long as you know when to apply it. I'm an aggressive player but follow a strict set of hand ranges and positions to play them in. Also, you need to know when to fold. It's easy for beginners to trap themselves into thinking they can bet their way out of a beat, but that's really risky.

The art of aggressive play is centered by discipline, so learn your starting hands and how to open with them, and you'll do fine. :)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No need to watch others play. You need to find your style. Which will be convenient for you and profitable.

K

Konstanty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
aggressive with your cards not so much your wallet

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, playing agressive and with good hand can help you win.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had to learn this long ago. Interestingly, the passive style of play is more complicated and risky. Of course, aggressive gaming is also risky, but you don't give any additional rounds to your opponent.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better to be aggressive in cash games than lose your MTT life being overly aggressive.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have to have deep stack to be successfully at aggressive strategy. I call this guy the agressive raiser/bettor
Seen this guy who had a monster chip over everyone else in the table and was raising the players to fold. Basically if he smelled weakness to fold he would raise big enough for all their stack or most of their chips after the flop.
Most of guys were afraid to be felted and folded

I have seen a few really good players who are successfully playing tight and passive
Basically I call passive callers. They seem to be able to smell out that other player is pushing/shoving weak and call with a good hand but not a nut hand and most time they are right
This takes more skill in my opinion but harder to play
It’s more fun being agressive better and letting the other fellow think.