I'm having a run of bad luck

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys, I'm having a run of bad luck, as you can see in sharkscope, i read some stuff and watched some videos but that's really not working, my bankroll is really small but i dont wanna lose it. Also i wanna know how you guys handle this dark times and how you get out of it without losing too much money.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my opinion

Just keep playing the percentages. Pocket aces lose too. (win 40 percent of time) Look at exact hole cards and the percent they win. Then look at the table lay. (Counting Cards) If these hole cards just hit, don't bet them.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you keep getting your money in good then variance will eventually swing back your way.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Hi bro, I am also having bad luck but when the "dark times" hit I switch to a more conservative play style. that way I cut my losses.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From shark scope your holes start showing. I have an account on WPN that is pretty close to yours (.Inactive).

The first thing that stands out is that you are in the money ITM 23% of the time while I'm ITM only 10% of the time but I have a positive Return on Investment (ROI) and you are negative.

Next, you can see that you have middle finishes 20% of the time and I'm at 27%. This is telling you that I bust out 7% more than you in the middle of a tournament but we are the same with late finishes at 11.6%.

What you should take away from this is that I take more chances during the middle of a tournament to acquire more chips. Doing this I will bust out 7% more than you in the middle, but we have the same amount of late finishes, so when we get to the bubble or later, I will often have more chips and go deeper in tournaments for larger wins. This is why I have a positive ROI and have a profit despite you cashing twice as much.

The next thing that stands out is the % of turbos you play. 78% is really high. I like turbos, but a turbo will force you to widen your range and take more chances than you normally would need to. These add to the variance you face.

If you take a look at my other WPN account (Donkey Magnet) you will see after 1400 games, my stats stay pretty much the same. In the Money 8.3%, and late finishes 11.8%. The only real difference is the 7% more I bust out shifted from the middle to early which I consider a small nuance. In case your wondering why I have a cliff drop off on my graph, its because I tried those stupid jackpot SnGs and lost my A@@, then switched back to my normal games and continued upwards. Other than that, I usually have a very steady profit. This is not because of a "bad run", variance, bad beats, ect... Micro cash and tournaments are very beatable.

If I was you, I would significantly lower my % of turbo tournaments played, then start to open my range up during the middle of a tournament when the blinds and antes rise, you should not be playing to cash, you should be playing for the final table. This will lower your cash % to a more realistic number (which is about 10% for most) but you will see deeper runs with more chips. Most tournaments I don't even know I'm at the bubble until we go hand for hand.

DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The poker is a game for a distance , try to learn , and with a lot of experience you will know how to act on the situations. We have everyone a bad luck , but this is a part of the game.
Thanks.

Tanvir Mahmud

Tanvir Mahmud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you win sometimes you make your opponent win thats the game but when i am having badluck i try not to play in high stakes and play in minimum buyin tables so that my accounts luck can change and try to play more and more freerolls everyday to gain something and to the system might change the luck .
Cheers

mm maksik

mm maksik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys, I'm having a run of bad luck, as you can see in sharkscope, i read some stuff and watched some videos but that's really not working, my bankroll is really small but i dont wanna lose it. Also i wanna know how you guys handle this dark times and how you get out of it without losing too much money.

stop play) read a good book, take a short break! everything will fall into place when the time comes! wait out the black bar

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I was you, I would significantly lower my % of turbo tournaments played, then start to open my range up during the middle of a tournament when the blinds and antes rise, you should not be playing to cash, you should be playing for the final table. This will lower your cash % to a more realistic number (which is about 10% for most) but you will see deeper runs with more chips. Most tournaments I don't even know I'm at the bubble until we go hand for hand.

Hey Karl, I really appreciate your comment, i understand and agree with you, when i watch some people playing i realize they steal more blinds and 3-bet way more often then me, i know that it increases the chances of me going down more prematurely but i think you are right in the sense of getting higher prizes and increasing the ROI that is main goal, i will try your suggestion and later i will post here if it worked, thank you very much!