If you invested in a main pot, caused a split pot because you went broke and then th,

B

Bluelime

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Question About Main Pots

Here’s an example :

A, B and C are playing poker. There is a main pot of 150 $ on the table. The 150 $ pot was divided that way : A put 50 $, B put 50 $ and C put 50 $. The 3 cards are revealed. A only has 50 $ and he goes all-in. A split pot is caused because B and C both still have a lot of money while A is broke. B and C both raise the main pot and just before the grand reveal the main pot ends up being 250 $ ). Player A wins because he had the best cards, a Royal Flush.

Is player A eligible to take the totality of the main pot (250 $) along with the split pot that is rightfully his, considering he invested in both ?

Thank you if you answer me, this is pretty much the only thing I need to know before I deem my poker knowledge sufficient :icon_joke

Last edited:
Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A wins $300, his $100 & the $100 each B & C called him with. Any amount over that goes to the best hand between B & C. If there is $150 in the pot & each add another $150 I'm fairly certain that would result of $300. Bottom line in split pot games short stack is only eligible to win main pot.
By the way welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Here’s an example :

A, B and C are playing poker. They all go to the Flop. The 3 cards are revealed. A only has 50 $ and he goes all-in. There is a main pot of 150 $ on the table. The 150 $ pot was created this way : A put 50 $, B put 50 $ and C put 50 $. A SIDEpot is caused because B and C both still have a lot of money while A is broke. B and C both raise the main pot and just before the grand reveal the main pot ends up being 250 $ ). Player A wins because he had the best cards, a Royal Flush.

Is player A eligible to take the totality of the main pot (250 $) along with the split pot that is rightfully his, considering he invested in both ?

No, he is only eligible to win the amount from each other player that he can cover. Therefore, $150

Thank you if you answer me, this is pretty much the only thing I need to know before I deem my poker knowledge sufficient :icon_joke

I changed some of the words and order to create the scenario. This assumes that these players were in the blinds so that the main pot total is $150, and player A started with a total stack of $50. Any betting between B and C creates a side pot of $100. I think this is what you meant?

S

silentbovo1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Player A should only win $300 as he only risked $100 with two callers in the grand scheme of the picture. It does not matter how great Player A's hand is, he is not "entitled" to the rest of the pot (side pot).