If you don't bluff, how can you win?

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can win if you play serious but sometimes you need to bluff or you will not win that pot

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes I am just starting to learn that bluffing is an important part of poker.
specially now that we find ourselves at tables with the pros, less limping more raising.

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes I am just starting to learn that bluffing is an important part of poker.
specially now that we find ourselves at tables with the pros, less limping more raising.
limp is generally a strange action. you initially show that you have a mediocre hand. and most often you will get a raise and throw out after the flop, and lose more.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
If you don't bluff at all for sure you cant win, But also bluff need a strategies, First most important thing is "are they good enough to fold?"
Then you need to figure out what nutted hands you'd be arriving on the river with considering how you've played, what hands they'd be arriving on the river with and how often they're folding ,Understanding who has the range advantage on a certain board is important and don't bluff multiway.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Bluffing is only an option, not everyone lives with it.
If you just wait for the right hand, you can win with that too. It just takes patience.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are forgetting semi-bluffs which are not really bluffs, they can be extremely strong hands sometimes with more chance to win than lose with two cards to come. Often it is correct to bet these hands and you are often well ahead of your opponent. If you do not bet these you cannot build the pot.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to know how to bluff, the most important thing is to know how to build a bluff by reading the range of the opponent and the hands you want to throw, for this it is very important to balance your game with both strong hands and bluffs.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I rarely bluff, but sometimes I do. Bluffing is an important part of the game and bluffing correctly is quite difficult. Reckless and unreasonable bluffing will definitely lead to losses, so bluff only when the conditions are right.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You win with better hands, usually when you think of poker you think of bluffing, but it's actually just another tool you use to win, and it's possible to win without bluffing.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is the part of this game. If you don't bluff you can't win.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
At the stakes most of us play bluffing is an option but one I personally find only worth using a small part if the time and have to be smart, have the right table image and do it against the right type of villain. Down here in micro/low stakes land there's always them 1-2 callers. That makes bluffing mostly pointless. Can it even be called a bluff when you know you're getting called 99% of the time by someone? I don't think so...I'd call that burning money.

EDIT: As move up in stakes bluffing becomes more important. But still gotta set it up right and pull it off against the right villains.

Cheers!!!

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another option is a semi-bluff, when you don’t have a situation yet, but potentially it could be with a good probability. But in general, bluffing is a necessity, yes, it’s impossible to win, at least in small quantities and in an advantageous position.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is an important strategy in poker. Winning without bluffing requires a lot of good sense and insight. Learn how to use a semi-bluff.

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Bluff from positions, and on weak players, the main thing is not to abuse and hide it...If they catch, I mark and next time I catch them myself.

1mba

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I don't remember any game where I didn't go to bluff at least once

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
You can't win poker without bluffing so you have to bluff you need to know how to do it because you can lose a lot of chips if you don't know how to bluff If you can, you'll win a lot of chips so you have to learn and practice this skill If I notice a bluff, this person won't bluff against me anymore

C

Cerniera

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
If don't have luck bluff not help you în game more 2-3time

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is part of the game, but it’s one thing to simply move chips and another to do it consciously, although the result may be the opposite

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
If you don’t bluff you will have an extremely hard time becoming a winning player. Relying on just the strength of your cards every time you are in a hand is pretty nitty and you are missing out on numerous opportunities to win the hand without having the best hand.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must bluff every now and then. I f you don't then the other players can read you all the time and you will end up loosing your chips waiting for a good hand.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Some make bluffing an art and try to perfect themselves, but be careful not to regret it 🤔. It would be much more useful to perfect our game, understand some situations more clearly and be more profitable and with fewer unnecessary risks. I say you can win a tournament without bluffing or desperate actions.

sabir

sabir

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best Bluff its the semi bluff is a hand that is currently not interesting, but present possibilities for improvement.