Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

In my country there is a very old phrase and full of prejudices but unfortunately it is still used and it is the following: "the beautiful woman wishes the luck of the ugly woman".
To this horrible phrase I only bring it up thinking about what we feel when a bad poker player, fish, maniac or whatever we want to call him, wins us a hand with 2-7 suited having us KK.
In those moments, and without hypocrisy through, we say: "and this moron looks at what shit he beat us" and we do not forget to insult him and his whole family (obviously from behind the pc screen, the idea is not that he listens to us Haha).
But it seems to me that, despite my rookie condition, there are things that I understand about the world of poker: in the long run strong hands and good players beat bad hands and bad players (it goes without saying what to put " idiots "in the title of the post was only yellowness and marketing hahaha).
That's why it's only luck when 3-6 off beats AA with a double pair or a runner runner ladder.
What can we infer from this? Good players do not need luck (well, in tournaments yes, because to be the champion you have to win absolutely all allin, and there is undoubtedly a large component of luck there).
Summary: Bad players win in the short term by work and luck. Good players (or at least the serious ones) despite the damn bad beats that sometimes make our day bitter, win in the long run.
I hope to personally verify this new elucubration on my part.

Thanks for always being there.

Best regards from Buenos Aires.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Very true friend. Yesterday I went All In with AKs and one player made the call, he had 27 and linked straight on the river. LOL. But ultimately good hands are the winners.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very true friend. Yesterday I went All In with AKs and one player made the call, he had 27 and linked straight on the river. LOL. But ultimately good hands are the winners.

Hi my friend.

Thanks for your comment.

Best regards from Buenos Aires.

S

stormyf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They say, "Foolish man's luck."

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker players all say that they prefer to be lucky than to have a good level of play. it is true that in the long term it is always the good players who will have the best results. It is always horrible to lose because a pair of KK or AA did not stand against a single opponent. but it is part of the game and poker is a game where you have to know how to adapt and especially accept the fact that variance is an essential asset to win a game. all you can do is keep playing your A game until the day all the lights are on.

Westbrook31

Westbrook31

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
"Ignorance is Bliss"

Hi everyone.

In my country there is a very old phrase and full of prejudices but unfortunately it is still used and it is the following: "the beautiful woman wishes the luck of the ugly woman".

I think this phrase is great wisdom

Knowledge can be so powerful you would

rather have stayed ignorant.

PS. Im ignorant of how these quote buttons work

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you are right, I am the one that screams behind the screen when someone beats my Aces with 27 or just a card and get a flush, I want to die but I have learn that poker can be cruel sometimes and you just need to be more tolerant that way you can avoid a heart attack haha. Regards :D

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Captain obvious." The way it is! moreover, I am very happy when I find myself next to such people, I seriously increase my stack for them, but I play with them very carefully and exclusively on absolute nuts:ciao::ciao::ciao:

A

AAlexandru17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are right, I am the one that screams behind the screen when someone beats my Aces with 27 or just a card and get a flush, I want to die but I have learn that poker can be cruel sometimes and you just need to be more tolerant that way you can avoid a heart attack haha. Regards :D
Well,you didnt win never against biggerr AA KK ....with low hand? And when You did it your face smile? So You may lose or win no matter what cards You have..cheers.,Gl & HF.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hear a lot of people complaining about bad players, but that is who you want to play against. It doesnt mean that I dont get mad when some donkey gets it in bad and beats me, but just load another game and keep moving.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand that we are talking about bad players on freerolls. You must understand that freerolls are not paid entry tournaments. In paid tournaments, especially expensive ones, this is very rare.

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theres nothing you can do about it, sometimes you do have to flip against worst hands and pray.

But you always have to understand your own situation, do not expect to play with good players in Freerolls.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is "something to do the best effort and win luck".

When playing without consideration if it was, AA and AK, I don't know what kind of ending is waiting.