Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!🙋‍♀️
Well, there are many options, and I can offer the simplest of them:

1. You can identify the fish by its taste. (if you eat a piece of fish, then you will probably realize that it is not pork). 👍
2. Ask: Are you a fish? If you don't get a response, it's a clear sign that you're talking to a fish (and maybe it's time to see a doctor). 😱
3. Drop the worm, sit still and wait (it is recommended to repeat this process several times). ✅
20220729 044326

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
whats a fish?
a player that you have the ability to exploit?
Well that depends on your strengths and weakness's
those with opposites will be who you play best against

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad stats on my HUD mainly to high VPIP and usually a large gap between VPIP and PFR like 52/20 or 35/5. Often none or only a small sample, since fish usually have a short live span. They either play for a while, lose for a while and then stop playing. Or they begin to study and improve, and then they gradually stop being fish. Non-HUD tells include:
  1. Open limping from any other seat than SB
  2. Bet sizes that are either way to small or way to big
  3. Donk betting in bad spots
  4. Showing down hands they should have folded
  5. Posting in cash games
  6. Not starting with a full stack in cash games
  7. Avatar or user name which point to a recreational player

Last edited:
German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only an one important note (by my opinon): Everything is relatively...
This means, that Everyone can to be Fish!.. All depends on a concrete situation!

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They usually dont bet, unless they have a very strong hand, and they bet small when they do.
All those players limping? Throw your rod and wait for some of them to bait.
There are some fishes that play slightly better, but focus on the worst ones till u learn how to play against the better ones.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
They usually dont bet
Exactly!

But they do call most bets even with the weakest hands or draws. 🤣

Unfortunately sometimes they get lucky when hitting that second pair or flush/straight.

CheckDisOut

CheckDisOut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They also usually talk a lot about spotting fishes. Or ranges. Or showing how they folded aces.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's the passive fish and the maniac fish in my opinion. A passive calling station and another with an unbalanced range and disproportionate bet sizes:p

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It doesn't happen that a player is 100% a fish. Sometimes we ourselves act like a fish. The more experience a young player gains, the less he looks like a fish.

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes a fish plays at limits that it does not pull and easily falls into a trap.

HungarianBoy

HungarianBoy

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Hello!🙋‍♀️

1. You can identify the fish by its taste. (if you eat a piece of fish, then you will probably realize that it is not pork). 👍
2. Ask: Are you a fish? If you don't get a response, it's a clear sign that you're talking to a fish (and maybe it's time to see a doctor). 😱
3. Drop the worm, sit still and wait (it is recommended to repeat this process several times). ✅
I've been laughing at this for half an hour now!!!! :) :) :) :D :D I'm crying.

HungarianBoy

HungarianBoy

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
(It can also be easily recognized by its smell, which is quite characteristic)Joking aside: The fish is easy to recognize in poker, even though she has few chips, but she is still in every party + she raises the pot and also bluffs. + She shows the cards at the end of the party.All kidding aside, Fish is easy to spot in poker, even though he's low on chips, he's still in every party + raising the pot and bluffing. + At the end of the party, he presents the cards, but someone even fools around by setting up a profile picture of a fish.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Still my favorite, if you have played 2 or 3 rounds while paying attention & still have been unable to identify the fish; it's you.

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Look around the table if u cant recognize the fish its probably U

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Do remember this, Identifying a fish is not always that easy and just because you think he is a fish he may not be.

In my earlyer days and in a tournement for my 1st ever win I ran into a fish that just kepy paying me off. I ended up taking him out as well. With this fishs help I went from final table short stach to medium stack then stacked him. Nice right. He was a site pro. Not a fish. Just because you think he is a fish may not mean he is one.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Do remember this, Identifying a fish is not always that easy and just because you think he is a fish he may not be.

In my earlyer days and in a tournement for my 1st ever win I ran into a fish that just kepy paying me off. I ended up taking him out as well. With this fishs help I went from final table short stach to medium stack then stacked him. Nice right. He was a site pro. Not a fish. Just because you think he is a fish may not mean he is one.
And also, perhaps, while you think that he is a fish, he has already found a fish in you.
giphy.gif

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those who posted before me have already described the definition of "fish" well...but I would add this, slightly rewriting the original sentence, that:
"If you've been sitting at a table for 1 hour and you don't know who the fish is, it's you." ;)

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's nonsense to ask who that is a fish or not.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I take notes on the players. And over time we get to know who bluffs a lot.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hello!🙋‍♀️

Hmm… sounds a bit fishy.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you don't know who the fish at the table is, it means that the fish is you :)
I think, in order to identify the fish, you just need to carefully observe the game of your opponents and analyze their decisions.