I will try to get more involved in HH discussions....

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
....because I am trying to improve my thought process. So I will now start to try to get more involved in the HH analysis thread, and I will start spewing my fishy thoughts about hands. I will certainly get heated answers and be called names and stuff, which is what I want, really. I dont know if I am right, but I am thinking that critiquing/advising others on what to do will bring responses that may be just as helpful as if I post hands myself.

Does this make sense to anyone else?

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course that it makes sence fletch, i want for a long time to involve in hh discussions but i stay away cuz i really dont like to confront opinions but i might just do the same so that they will have 2 fishy brains to confront with :D

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been looking at some discussions, and someone always says what I think. I need to get on them before they are too discussed. I dont think it makes sense to just repeat what someone has already said, and it would look like I am just parroting anyway...

I will post a few of my hands as well.

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Giving out your opinion in hand analysis threads (and getting chewed out if you're wrong), is one of the better ways to improve as a player by posting on a forum, imo.

It's the main reason why I respond to most of the hand analysis threads.

Might I suggest a technique called "grunching"? It was coined by a user called "Grunch" over at 2+2 (this is more than 10 years ago, mind).

The idea is to only look at the very first post of a hand analysis thread, and giving your opinion based on that Original question.
Only after posting your reply do you read all the other opinions. It's a good way to see if you're thinking about things correctly or not, and it makes sure that your opinion doesn't get influenced by other people's replies.

Best way to learn, imo.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand analysis is one of the best ways to improve. I'd recommend answering other people's hands, more than posting your own. That way you're not attached to anything that happened and you have a more objective perspective on it.

You can always join our study group. I know you were there for a while back also. We're trying to have weekly sweats as well.

2pearAAKK

2pearAAKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokers a macho game go figure..but i'm up for HR if posted I was wondering some you peeps if me or you post we can breakdown stuff (work)together.Truth is one thing but busting someone up to make one feel superior is another.

2pearAAKK

2pearAAKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand analysis is one of the best ways to improve. I'd recommend answering other people's hands, more than posting your own. That way you're not attached to anything that happened and you have a more objective perspective on it.

You can always join our study group. I know you were there for a while back also. We're trying to have weekly sweats as well.
word were you join?

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the tips.

@Tim, I will do what you said. I read the OP, then as I read the other comments, I often go "Well, thats what I thought, guess I will refrain from being redundant." So I will Grunch, and if I repeat someone elses comments, I hope they were smart ones.....lol. I am enjoying your 5 part thread, but havent gotten involved in discussion.

@John, yea, I need to get back involved in hand historys, and stuff like the study group as well. My main problem is my time is somewhat limited, but I need t get back into t he thread discussion at least.

2pearAAKK

2pearAAKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the tips.

@Tim, I will do what you said. I read the OP, then as I read the other comments, I often go "Well, thats what I thought, guess I will refrain from being redundant." So I will Grunch, and if I repeat someone elses comments, I hope they were smart ones.....lol. I am enjoying your 5 part thread, but havent gotten involved in discussion.

@John, yea, I need to get back involved in hand historys, and stuff like the study group as well. My main problem is my time is somewhat limited, but I need t get back into t he thread discussion at least.
I post hand couple days ago can you check out?

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

What i've noticed when i try to respond to someone's HH is that i often cant make my mind what i would do, its like that the unlimited time to think about a move that i would take makes it almost impossible to choose, well at least at those blurry spots which are not that easy to be at...

Does it happen to be the case to all the people who just got involved in HH discussion or I just overthinking it...

About the study group, i have never involved in it cuz it was to much to catch up with when i started to read your book and it was going to fast for me to follow it but ill definitely gonna do my best to try to get in there tho it will be really hard :(

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been doing some Grunching.:)