kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I want to improve my game sometimes I read a lot and I feel that I waste time and I don't see that I improve and I don't have patience that affects me too

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to improve my game sometimes I read a lot and I feel that I waste time and I don't see that I improve and I don't have patience that affects me too

Try watching video analysis by pros like Doug Polk or Jonathon Little on Youtube. It will make you think about the game differently as you listen to their analysis and give their opinions on how a hand should be played. I spend at least an hour every night doing this. There are also videos on basic strategy, like How to Play a 3 Bet Pot when your OOP. I personally like this better than reading.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It depends only on you whether you can develop in poker.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

is only on you is no one else that can really pay the price and there is a price of becoming a good poker player.... It usually costs a ton of time and some money like anything else.....

FIRST rule though is simple YOU must be open to continuing you're training 40 years here and im still learning every game i play!!

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Find a great player and pick his brain.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try watching video analysis by pros like Doug Polk or Jonathon Little on Youtube. It will make you think about the game differently as you listen to their analysis and give their opinions on how a hand should be played. I spend at least an hour every night doing this. There are also videos on basic strategy, like How to Play a 3 Bet Pot when your OOP. I personally like this better than reading.
hi hi OneCool :ciao:
i agree is excellent advice
some people learn better watching videos or play on twitch rather than read books

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Push past your inhibitions.

bluff CREATIVELY given the board texture and get over your fear of being called. 3 bet, 4 bet, or 5 bet light. If you get called, then so be it. Make thin calls when you feel you have it after constructing a range and figured he has alot of bluffs in his range even though there's a HUGE chance you can be beat. If you're wrong, so be it. Make great laydowns when you feel he has it, even though you could have him beat. Lose your buy-in or your entire roll just to get over that fear of losing it.

These emotions weigh us down when we start off, but a SIGNIFICANT improvement is when we are uninhibited by them.

Learn how to construct a range and to study board texture.

And watch analysis videos online from poker pros. I like Doug Polk's videos especially. Sometimes you're introduced to a new line of thinking that you hadn't thought of before. And sometimes when you watch poker clips of poker pros, when you get alot better, you'll start to understand their line of thinking without needing the commentary

Top 10 Games