I want to expand the range of pocket cards...

C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I want to expand the range of pocket cards I play with. Give AUTHORITATIVE advice! Tite! I come in with pocket
- AK AQ AJ AT
- KQ KJ KT
- QJ QT
- J.T.
- A-J + any suited card
- all pairs (default)
Please tell me which hands, in your opinion, should be added here to begin the expansion.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In which position, facing what action, for what open size, at what stack depths, what blind structure and what, if any, payout implications?

You cant answer the question without the following and then you could come up with a baseline strategy, that would then need to be adjusted to your opponents.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
A - any suited could get cut down a bit.
Pairs are also very strong 10-10 way stronger than A-6 suited

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You can use some support software (such as GTOwizard or other free ones) to help you build your ranges.
There are many considerations to take into account as already mentioned.
(type of tournament, tournament stage, stack, cash game or tournament?... what would be the poker game? Holdem no limit?... etc...)

But in general you can expand your range generally from the final positions of the table, in addition to, of course, playing more small and defending bigblind more depending on the open raise,

Open UTG 100bb+
Open UTG   100bb

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Poker is a game of guesses and probabilities. Add here A 10 and K 10 of different suits.The ability to correctly assess the strength of an opponent's hand gives the player a huge advantage in building the play of each specific hand. Many poker strategies are based on this knowledge. And a successful player must know the methodology for determining the range of hands no worse than the rules of playing poker or poker mathematics.

M

Misanthrop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
have a look at suited connectors, especially in late positions or the blinds if you have not multiple raises before you :)

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The card range and when it is worth playing with which hand is determined by the given game (cash game or tournament) and what the opponents are like at the table, what the table image is like.
Depending on the above, the hand range can change in many ways.
If someone is just starting to get to know the game of poker, it is worth playing with a tight range of cards, Top or medium pairs, Broadway cards.
As carefully as possible, it is best to observe and study carefully at the table.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to expand the range of pocket cards I play with. Give AUTHORITATIVE advice! Tite! I come in with pocket
- AK AQ AJ AT
- KQ KJ KT
- QJ QT
- J.T.
- A-J + any suited card
- all pairs (default)
Please tell me which hands, in your opinion, should be added here to begin the expansion.
gtowizard is free and it will help you with all of this preflop

:unsure::geek: