I playing so staightforward. How can I change myself

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always playing with nut hands or very strong hands and they easy to read my hands.How to change that straightforward playing style?
thanks for your advice.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very simple advice - expand your range of game pre-flop. Play Ah (suited for flash), play small pairs (for the set), play suited connectors type 89 (for straight). The main thing is to learn not to overpay for them on the flop. These are NOT ready hands, and you must get the right board for their further drawing. But usually they are well paid. :D

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very simple advice - expand your range of game pre-flop. Play Ah (suited for flash), play small pairs (for the set), play suited connectors type 89 (for straight). The main thing is to learn not to overpay for them on the flop. These are NOT ready hands, and you must get the right board for their further drawing. But usually they are well paid. :D
This is it. I got you and I thank you

lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Keep playing the way you are playing , just sometimes open from early positions with suited connectors, small pairs or Ace x suited, with you being a tight player it will pass some times with no calls and if they do call, well they wont put you on those kind of hands, it could be very profitable for you if you hit the board hard. But be very careful if you don't hit, be willing to let go of a second or third pair.You have to become unpredictable, keep them guessing.

ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to develop balancing... I suggest watching Lex V on twich he is great for players of all levels on how to switch gears and make consistent profitable moves.

S

Spikehyzer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to mix it up. Sometimes you might have to call in position with monster hands as opposed to raising. Get value!

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My best advice I can offer you is, get your hands on a poker book by one of the more renowned poker player champions, and not only read it from front to back, but to also study what you have read, until it becomes second nature to you.

I could sit here and try to explain to you my technics when playing the game, but unless you possess a similar mindset as myself having similar risk tolerances, similar table sense …..etc…etc…etc… you may not get a great deal of what I am describing.

So, that is my best advice for you.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gradually add to your range of opening some cards, such as K10, Q10, J10, A9, A8, etc? :confused:

X

xurrr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Make sure you change your outfit. If they don't know it's you, they won't know how you play. Also, wear a hoodie and sunglasses so that they can't read you.

ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My best advice I can offer you is, get your hands on a poker book by one of the more renowned poker player champions, and not only read it from front to back, but to also study what you have read, until it becomes second nature to you.

I could sit here and try to explain to you my technics when playing the game, but unless you possess a similar mindset as myself having similar risk tolerances, similar table sense …..etc…etc…etc… you may not get a great deal of what I am describing.

So, that is my best advice for you.

I feel as if watching youtube videos or twitch streamers would be a much faster way to learn about ranges than in books. Also most of the books from a few years ago are already out of date with winning strategies, at least in my opinion.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is nothing wrong with playing tight.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel as if watching youtube videos or twitch streamers would be a much faster way to learn about ranges than in books. Also most of the books from a few years ago are already out of date with winning strategies, at least in my opinion.
You had asked members on this board for their opinions, and as such, I had given you my honest opinion of learning the basics and progressing on from there.

If your belief is that the basics of poker are no longer relevant in today’s play, well then, carry on with what you are doing.

Because you obviously do not need any advice. So good “luck” with your poker playing. And yes there was a reason I put quotes around the word “luck”

Quote of da Day: "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink"