I play against aggressive

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello people, I think I'm not the only one who bothers those kinds of players who raise you round after round with any type of cards, and I was thinking about how to play against these guys and a strategy that I am using a lot lately is to be more aggressive than them, most of the time they fold but hey, this movement is not 100% effective either, what do you think about this and what do you do to counteract these rivals.

LuckyBundy13

LuckyBundy13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering I play the bully style at a tight table, the kryptonite is that one player who waits for a good spot to take some chips off me. I'm hip to this so always on the lookout.

Getting into a pissing match is not ideal. I recommend waiting AND watching. Wait for an optimal hand and do your best to induce said aggressiveness. You do this by picking up on betting patterns, size amount, position and anything else you think will help. You can then hit 'em w/ the way of the fist, Cobra Kai style.

Good luck at the tables mate.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like them to do my betting for me. I will have a top bet in mind when I check to them. Either a check raise or check call, depending on position and chip stack.
Like all strategies they do back fire at times. lol That is what it is all about.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually, you need to play a more compressed range against lags, but you say that these players fold a lot, so it's not lags, it's tags, and against tags you need to play very carefully and pay you very rarely, another thing is maniacs, if you choose a line of calls, fish will pay the entire stack himself, thinking that you believe in his bluff. Apparently you play a lot of hands, even if you are dealt monsters 3 times in a row, not the fact that they will reach 3 times in a row, in any case, the third QQ+ will lose, there are basic statistics that should be followed to have a good image, and the number of these indicators will vary from the speed and size of the table at which we play, in heads up, the main indicators may have very high values, and the game will not be fishy, but if such indicators are in a tournament with a regular structure on the 9th max table, naturally we will become a good prey. So if you can't find the line how to adjust to the game of your opponents, learn the Mat part.

C

chinezu23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
not to call with marginal hands and keep an eye on the table. For sure you will catch them.

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TAG

i play TAG and try to trap the aggressor. I check raise a lot with the top hand and check raise all in. Works a lot but not always.

p0kerh0ntaz

p0kerh0ntaz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
oouuuh yeah...

... those with any crappy hand all in donks ... but at some poker sites it seems to work ... so strange... :eek:

stay safe and sober :p

H

Houdini9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello people, I think I'm not the only one who bothers those kinds of players who raise you round after round with any type of cards, and I was thinking about how to play against these guys and a strategy that I am using a lot lately is to be more aggressive than them, most of the time they fold but hey, this movement is not 100% effective either, what do you think about this and what do you do to counteract these rivals.

I know it seems agro players are just bullying the table, but it's so much more than that. You can try to combat agro with agro, thinking they are just raising with any two cards (and sometimes they are), but if you do not know how or why you are doing what you are doing, then you are likely to just experience more frustration.

Much of what you see from good agros has to do witht their stack size and stage of tourney. There are basic stages of every MTT: Beginning. Middle. Bubble. Late. FT Bubble. FT. Final 3. HU. If you have a solid stack size, then you can play agro at almost any of these stages. You can also play back at the agro player during these stages with a much wider range than what you might expect.

For example...45BB's Agro MP Open raises and it folds to me with 12BB's in BB. I have have no position and it's Middle or Late Stage. I can normally read this raise as Middle PP or maybe J10s, but because of the stage we are in and his stack size I can give a much wider range to his hand (say 10 8s; Low PP, maybe even A6x). I have a much wider range of hands and fold equity which I can AGRESSIVELY SHOVE with and likely take down the pot without a showdown. Do I have Fold Equity? What is the Showdown Value of my Hand if I get Called? Do I have Live Cards? Am I Ahead? How many times does he raise in the last 10 hands?

You have to be in the habit of thinking about and feeling the ebb and flow of every stage of MTT to combat the Agro player. Alternatively, just avoid him and pick a weaker target. Hope this helps.

GL GL,

HOUDINI9

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I in particular, try to play with proper hands against these guys, any false movement, can cost you very expensive. Just be patient so you can get the most out of the villain.

Good luck at the tables!