Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hi guys

villain stack 60BB my stack 55BB

villain bet 2,5BB from UTG+1 i 3bet 7,5 of CO with AKo everbody folds and he goes all win with 50BB i pay and he shows QQ .

i put this hand on GTO and we will pay 50% of time,and your guys what you think?you pays this hand with 50BB?i payed and i lost but the vilan 3 hands ago makes showdown with A7o,you think i do right pay this all win?or you think it's to much?
Dsdsdsdsdsds

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The solver does not fold AKo 50% of the time. The solver 3-bet AKo 50% of the time, and the other 50% of the time it just call AKo preflop. So when there is then a 4-bet jam, the solver only has AKo in its range 50% of the time. But when it does, it always makes the call. The solver calls off the 4-bet jam with 88+ and AK but fold everything else in its 3-betting range. So yes this is a standard call. And if you do not want to make it, because maybe its on the bubble, or whatever, then its better to just call preflop, as the solver actually does 50% of the time.

Also to add further to the understanding, the reason, why the solver uses so many partials preflop, is for board coverage. It does not want to create a situation, where the opponent can take advantage of the fact, we never connects with certains board. This is why, we see partial 3-bets all the way down to A3s, 65s and 66. Some of those hands are probably negative EV 3-bets in themselfes, but they protect other parts of the solvers range from getting exploited postflop.

However when there is an all-in, the hand is over, and exploitation is no longer possible. And this is why, there are no partials, when the solver call a jam. Calling is either +EV, or its not, and it makes no sense to sometimes call with a weaker hand but fold a stronger one. AK will always perform better in a preflop all-in that AQ, and thats why, AK is always called, but AQ is always folded in this particular solve.

YevheniiKobliuk

YevheniiKobliuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi!

I don’t think it’s worth getting hung up on GTO decisions, yes, it’s a really good helper, but it doesn’t take into account everything (what mood the player is in, how tired he is, etc.) and using the GTO on a regular basis is not very good, I’m sure it's better to think about it yourself. You can call with AKo because if we fold these hands a lot, our opponent will start exploiting us. In poker, the stronger hand often loses, this is inevitable and you have to live with it.
Also note the increase in open size from early position, which shows the strength of the hand.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I particularly don't pay much attention to these tools (a defect of mine, sometimes), but I rarely fold in AK. However, it is almost certain that with these stacks we will be in a flip.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If you want to know, he already has a pair ready so he's closer to winning than you but your chances of winning are almost equal to your actions that it would not be a mistake to discard that calling if it was the final table I discarded these cards and I always called

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i wouldnt do it . why would you risk your tournament life at that point against a shover with AKo ?

you had 50 bb and even after your raise you still have 40+

if you had 20bb i would say ok . but at this point i just wouldnt risk it

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Relying on a solver is like playing it by the books whether in poker or in life in general. And we know that going by the books does not always work. In this case you do not precise if you were playing cash or tournament and what level if the latter is the case. So 3betting with AK might or might not be the right decision, let alone calling the shove.