I Don't Know How to Handle Losing a Large Pot

2NaCl

2NaCl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep seeing threads like this multiple times, there are so many in-depth guides on how to avoid or essentially minimize your tilt, you just need to learn how to accept your losses and improve from them! Even if you play a hand the best possible way there's still that chance of you getting a bad beat, you need to be able to handle these types of situations because they will be appearing more and more frequently depending on how often you play poker. Bad beats are unavoidable and happen to everyone, including the pros, what differentiates a pro from the rest is the way they handle their tilt though :) be wise!

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been struggling with this problem tried many methods ,drinking tea with herbs to listen to music,smoke cigarettes, and more in fact, this problem should be solved in the head as you yourself have inspired so be it,thoughts are material

M

myuk1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggest developing a standard gameplay for you to fall back on. For example, only playing the top 5 preflops hands of something so that you can regain yourself. Obviously since you are aware of this problem, it shouldn't be too hard to stop yourself from letting your emotions take over if you have something to fall back on.

T

Tidal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should stop thinking about it and focus on your next hands. If you continue thinking about the loss, you won't play your best poker and that will result in more losses.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way to control this is to stop and review where you are really wrong, we often think we are playing the wrong game when we are actually playing right, what may be happening is that you are bumping into bads, this happens most the time in this Time must analyze your game, stop the bets and see if have played correctly, if it is negative try to hit it, if it is positive, go ahead and consider variance of the game.
What you can not do is panic and put your bankroll at risk, this is what all your opponents expect from you and other poker players, know that lack of this control can take you to the bottom of the pit, and make you Lose everything, this way you always need to put more and more money to get to play, focus on your game, study and with patience you get go arrive where you want ... good luck!

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a problem for many players, when they lose more than 50% of the stack in the next deal immediately bet all-in on either of the two cards, They lose control and risk all the chips remaining on table!!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands