I don’t claim to be

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a better poker player than Katie and Collin, but there are some things I don’t understand about the 30-day course. What do I do now?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe write here, what you dont understand, and let other forum members try to explain it for you?

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe write here, what you dont understand, and let other forum members try to explain it for you?
I’ve tried that and all I get is, “post some hands,” which I have NO IDEA how to do. Anyway, I’m talking about things I don’t understand in a more general sense.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve tried that and all I get is, “post some hands,” which I have NO IDEA how to do.
Its explained here:

Anyway, I’m talking about things I don’t understand in a more general sense.
Then try to ask some of those general questions here. Like you did recently with your thread about pot odds.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok. The, “book, says to play most hands aggressively. The fact is that costs either money or tournament equity. You don’t hit your hand very often, or at least I don’t. If you’re not generating folds, what’s the point?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ok. The, “book, says to play most hands aggressively. The fact is that costs either money or tournament equity. You don’t hit your hand very often, or at least I don’t. If you’re not generating folds, what’s the point?
I haven't read the book you're talking about, but it's probably more specific than just playing most hands aggressively. Is it saying more so to play aggressively those hands that you do end up playing?

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't read the book you're talking about, but it's probably more specific than just playing most hands aggressively. Is it saying more so to play aggressively those hands that you do end up playing?
Of course I’m referring to hands I actually play.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
everyone says correctly in the book you should play your hands more aggressively so that there are few people left, and after that you just play with one player and not with 3-4 players, it will be easier for you to throw them off before the flop than try to knock them out after if you talk about this point in the book

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everyone says correctly in the book you should play your hands more aggressively so that there are few people left, and after that you just play with one player and not with 3-4 players, it will be easier for you to throw them off before the flop than try to knock them out after if you talk about this point in the book
But that’s not the way it works in the real world. They just DO NOT FOLD and I DO NOT MAKE GOOD HANDS.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just as most people are not going to become chess masters, most people are not going to be winning poker players. Just enjoy when you do have a good run.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They just DO NOT FOLD and I DO NOT MAKE GOOD HANDS.
These are not facts but just a rant. But of course its important to use aggression in a calculated way and bet, when you either is likely to have the best hand, or have fold equity.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you only play aggressively when you have a made hand, then you will be predictable and exploitable. Literally everybody will start betting into you when you play passively, regardless of whether they have anything themselves and cause you to fold.

You have to find a balance where you play aggressively when your range in a given situation is better than your opponent's range. You also have to play the hands that you select aggressively pre-flop, to force complete garbage hands to fold out, and also according to your position, to either disguise the strength of your hand or to build value in the pot.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never give a damn about poker if I don't understand something. Either it will eventually come to me the concept or it is too abstruse and I find the answer in a simple version. If this is important to you, you will find the answer.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can always contact the coach to clarify this or that information, for a fee)

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
a better poker player than Katie and Collin, but there are some things I don’t understand about the 30-day course. What do I do now?
.Just do the course and let the subconscious absorbs.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
But that’s not the way it works in the real world. They just DO NOT FOLD and I DO NOT MAKE GOOD HANDS.
The problem is you have 1 part of the 30 day course that you mention here. There are 30 parts, and they all have to be joined up to produce improved play. SO for example. You clearly have a problem with other players not folding. Therefore you need to play a much tighter range. So instead of opening with A9, on open with AQ, if you miss the flop and no on ever folds the flop, then don't C bet it. Try a delayed C bet(also mentioned in the course by the way) on the turn.

I've seen you say this many times on the forum about playing aggressively costing chips and equity. Of course it does. But also nowhere in the course does it suggest to C bet bluff into calling stations with no hand and not even a back door draw.

By re reading the course and understanding when to make different types of plays you can then begin to tune into what is the correct time for aggression and what isn't. Absolutely no poker training anywhere will tell you that aggression in poker is bad and that you should always play passive and just limp with any hand.

Here's a thought. Do you limp with AA and KK? If not please tell me why you don't in poker terms? Then consider the same for QQ and JJ, maybe TT. The answer is likely to be a little different. But the answers form the basis of why you use aggression. I think you need to fundamentally understand this first, then you can move on past this problem you are having.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are not facts but just a rant. But of course its important to use aggression in a calculated way and bet, when you either is likely to have the best hand, or have fold equity.
It is a fact that you miss the flop roughly 67 percent of the time. If something happens that often shouldn’t that be where we focus our studies? NOBODY teaches what to do in that situation or what to do with middle or bottom pair. The course teaches hand planning, but what happens the VAST majority of the time when our opponent won’t let us execute that plan? Anybody can make money with a made hand, but they don’t come around very often. It’s as if poker players are scared to give away a secret that makes money. Or maybe if they were making money they’d be playing rather than teaching.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You play hands aggresive to get opponents to fold, if they do not fold you have to rethink and try and figure what they hold and if what you are holding can beat what they hold, if you think you cant beat them you have to fold, poker is a guessing game and a game of chicking, so if opponent say he has a better hand than you, you have to think.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a fact that you miss the flop roughly 67 percent of the time.
But if its a 5-way flop, as you claim, it always is in your games, then you are only supposed to win 20% of the time. So you can just give up those 67% of the time, that you miss.
NOBODY teaches what to do in that situation or what to do with middle or bottom pair.
There are lots of examples in the videos for the CC 30 day course, where Hero missed the flop. Have you watched all the videos?
The course teaches hand planning, but what happens the VAST majority of the time when our opponent won’t let us execute that plan?
Then we adapt and adjust.
Anybody can make money with a made hand, but they don’t come around very often.
But they are still, where the bulk of money is made, especially in loose games. Our goal in poker is not to win hands. Its to win money.
It’s as if poker players are scared to give away a secret that makes money. Or maybe if they were making money they’d be playing rather than teaching.
Oh please give me a break. I have shared my sharkscope profiles in several of your posts. I am a proven winning player on 2-3 different sites (small sample on one of them), and I still find time to write here, because I enjoy it.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It is a fact that you miss the flop roughly 67 percent of the time. If something happens that often shouldn’t that be where we focus our studies? NOBODY teaches what to do in that situation or what to do with middle or bottom pair. The course teaches hand planning, but what happens the VAST majority of the time when our opponent won’t let us execute that plan? Anybody can make money with a made hand, but they don’t come around very often. It’s as if poker players are scared to give away a secret that makes money. Or maybe if they were making money they’d be playing rather than teaching.
The secret is hard work!! There you go.
It seems to me you don't actually want to learn. You actually prefer to blame the 30 day course for the fact that you not winning. You clearly aren't picking up the knowledge from the course, as it DOES repeatedly suggest what to do when you miss the flop, or with bottom or middle pair.

But there is no magic bullet. The vast majority of what you need is experience. In order to gain this experience you need to be open to learn, and not just read the course and watch the videos, but actually attempt to learn what you have read/watched. This is the hard work part.

I've recently been doing some electrical courses. But having completed them, I'm not just suddenly an electrician. Although I can carry out some tasks, I'm massively lacking in experience. Now if I had your attitude to poker, I'm not going to get anywhere an I? I now need to work with more experienced people, and take on small jobs so slowly over time I can learn the trade, the in and outs, the parts that can't really be gained from the classroom. Its not easy. But I can't just go around saying my course didn't give me 5 years experience. I have to put the time in