I am learning to love PLO8

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am truly learning to love Pot limit Omaha Hi Lo. Keeps my old mind active. Not as boring as holdem for me. Not very good yet but there is always tomorrow. Do you have any good resources, tourneys you would like to share?

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a fun game. The low hand makes it interesting with some split pots.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is my main game and I play everyday. There’s a couple big Omaha books that cover it well in a few chapters. There’s also a book dedicated to Omaha hi lo.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's definitely more dynamic, I also like the variant, I play more Cashgame PLO-Hi. I can't go into it too much because at the moment for me it's more casual in relation to Holdem, so I'll be watching the tips :D

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm learning to like Omaha as well I never played hi/lo I have to give that a try and practice it on Bovada more

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am truly learning to love Pot limit Omaha Hi Lo. Keeps my old mind active. Not as boring as holdem for me. Not very good yet but there is always tomorrow. Do you have any good resources, tourneys you would like to share?

PLO8 MTTs can be very fun. I generally will play these games at a much lower stake than "normal." ;)

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There are lots of PLO & PLO8 freeroll games to play. The play is Terrible, but still valuable to play until you get good at the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I came into contact with PLO and PLO8 freerolls.
This modality is more fun, but the variance in PLO is much higher. So to play this modality you need a lot of discipline. I would like CardsChat to offer PLO8 freerolls some days a week. But it hasn't happened yet. Maybe one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Long Shot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you like PLO8 and can play on pokerstars, you should check out Courchevel Hi/Lo.

It's just like O8 except a) you get 5 cards, and b) the first card of the flop is revealed pre-flop.

It's like O8 but with superpowers!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So far just been NLHE and limit holdem for me. Guess I'm waiting to master those before moving on to something else. Finding though, NLHE can never be mastered!

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally I found playing PLO helped my NLH game. I enjoy PLO, PLO8 NLH Razz, and 7 card stud (though rarely play stud and razz).

Ironically I can play plo8 and nlh without issue at the same time, but plo and plo8 screws me up ever so often :)

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes, I like PL08 so much. However, I cannot count on one hand how many times I have lost my starting roll because I accidentally entered a ring game, of Omaha, instead of a ring game of Omaha Hi Lo. So I will go all in thinking I have the low, when I am at a ring game that does not offer low at all. Smh.

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see folks playing aces like in holdem sometimes. So how strong are pocket aces in PLO8. do they only have value when suited with the other cards which is how I usually play them. Real cautious tho when they are not double suited. But A2 Ak suited I am raising pre flop

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having an interesting event. I have a better come back in holdem. I was down less than 1 big blind and now at the second break in the money. Lets see if its worth a dime. PLO8 freeroll at ACR Cheeers

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1194 entrants finished 24 for .25 for where I came from not a bad finish

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Friday night and I don't have a freeroll

Think I will play some PLO8 on Tops tonight. Good luck yall.