I am incapable of folding 2 pairs on flop

InnerForce

InnerForce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played cash game and flopped 2 pairs 2 times in one session first time opponent betted and i raised he pushed all in i called and i was shocked to see he have set
after 10 minutes i also floped 2 pairs opponent betted i raised he pushed all in i called and i am also shocked to see he floped straight and my money made from freerols are gone
how can i fold 2 pairs on flop i am incapable of doing that

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this just comes from experience. You have to eventually move from thinking simply of hand strength of your own hand to thinking of ranges that v could have and what hands he likely has based on the line it took. Keep studying and it'll eventually come to you!

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the situation of the place completely.

I think the probability that two pairs of bottom wins is low.

I

I LOVE BENE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 pair on flop

I played cash game and flopped 2 pairs 2 times in one session first time opponent betted and i raised he pushed all in i called and i was shocked to see he have set
after 10 minutes i also floped 2 pairs opponent betted i raised he pushed all in i called and i am also shocked to see he floped straight and my money made from freerols are gone

Why don't you try to remember that it is always possible for someone to have flopped a set or straight or flush? Just don't forget it. If you know for sure that your opponent is a person that bluffs a lot you can proceed. If you don't know for sure you have to assume they have you beat and fold. Learning to beat then fold is not easy but you must learn this.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

No one is immune from bad deals. Daniel Negrianu once lost a lot of money with a set of 5 against a square of 6 from Gus Handsen. I often watch this moment on video when I suffered a terrible defeat.

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion you have to be aware at all times a set could have been flopped

Also study the flop before putting all your chips in. Is there a possible flush or possible straight?

Hopefully your luck gets better but I often find if I flop a set or a straight that the hand I usually beat is 2 pairs

Good luck out there

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two pair is not just two pair. If you defended your blinds with KJ, and flop comes KJ4, then it would typically be a mistake to get away even with deep stacks, and if your opponent turns over 44 or the very unlikely KK or JJ, its just a cooler. However if you defended with JT, and flop comes AJT, then you are behind to quite a few hands in the preflop raisers range, and if you raise the flop, its probably an overplay. So instead you should just check-call, and if he continue to fire big bets on the turn and river, it can certainly be an option to fold depending on the runout and the opponent.

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad things happen sometimes.... you never know, the full can appear at the turn or the river.
Dont worry your not alone, it often happens to me...sometimes its good to trust your own luck.
EAT THEM ALL!
Its called the nuts call!:icon_king

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bet small to try to have better full (feel bets), if your full doesn't come then dont call his raises.

Folding in Poker