V

Vhooom4

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Hi!

I'm a beginner poker player, who plays mostly by intuition. I recently became interested in faster game formats, in particular hyper-turbo MTT. I understand that variance is a very prevalent factor here, but even so, it's what I like to play these days. Even more, it made me want to delve into poker theory for the first time.

After reading a few threads on the subject, I understood the importance of learning the basics to become an overall winning player. In that sense, I think it might be interesting to take CardsChat's 30 Day Poker Training Course first. But since my intention is to improve specifically in hyper-turbo MTT's, I believe that there is a more adequate study/training routine. I'm here looking for suggestions in this regard.

Some things I'm wondering right now:

1- Is it worth having a push/fold chart? Where can I find a reliable one? Maybe it would be interesting to create one myself?
2- Is training preflop on Apps like GTO wizard a good idea? Is there a more suitable software/App to practice this? (preferably for free or as cheaply as possible).
3- How to choose the right time to register for a tournament? Early on or rely on late registration?

There are many more questions, I just posted the ones that most interest me at the moment. That's why it's important for me to have books/apps/videos that deal with the topic in more depth. It's possible that I'm not even asking the right questions.

Thanks in advance.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes studying is what you want to do. Don't be picky
And register early if you can play deep stacked.
The 30 day course is a great place to start

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand analysis section is great. You can just go and read other spots people got stuck In. There's a million tough spots in poker
So don't wait till you lost in one to learn about it

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play an app it will tell you how to play like the app.
Understanding wtf is you doing lol
Means more in my opinion

V

Vhooom4

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
If you play an app it will tell you how to play like the app.
Understanding wtf is you doing lol
Means more in my opinion
Thank you for your insights!