Hyper tournaments

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So ysterday I played my first hyper tournament in the Neymar freeroll. I was very excited and hoper I got in the first 4000 in the money. I thought i should play more passive and wait for decents hands since almost every hand there were big raises preflop. After I doubled my stack whith roughly 10k people remaining, the blinds were big and every hand someone was all in. I didn't call for 20 or more hands since I was getting the worst cards you could probably get. Only a K and a Q in 20 hands. It was dreadfull. Long story short, waiting for something decent I ended up swallowed by the blinds with 5k people remaining. People were playing so agressive, so many all in's I felt it was more of a 90% luck and 10% skill. How are you supposed to play this kind of tournaments? Should I've been more aggressive in the start and call more when the blinds were small? Should you bluff a lot? I left disappointed since I thought I played well and kept my patience, but in the end ran out of luck.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate Hyper tournaments, in fact you must be more aggressive and expand your range, in the end these tournaments are like playing bingo (imo) you need a lot of luck and your skills and knowledge are of little use especially in the early stages of the tournament

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats's what I thought. Also I felt like I could have bluffed 2 or 3 times but I just didn't have the courage to do so. Also, I'm not exagerating but even if I would have played all those last 20 hands, I would have won neither of them. Meanwhile others got pair of kings and queens one hand after the other.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One more thing. I observed something and I'm curious what you guys think. Quite often when I get a pair, somebody else gets one as well. Is it an algorithm thing on pokerstars? It repeted so many times. For example I get JJ and someone else 99, or finally I get KK and someone else AA. I feel like I don't even want to play these hands anymore:confused:

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont like hyper, u wont win nothing without nuts

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also played that tournament, nothing but me they sat me at a table full of crazy people, no matter how much I wanted to put my knowledge into practice, the objective that was to reach prizes could not be achieved, they were all there in, all in all , and when I was encouraged to play with QQ I was defeated with a 23, it seems hard to believe he called me all in with a 23 and I won with two pair I thought I would win but that 3 on the river eliminated me from the tournament. :(:(

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hyper tournaments are a little different from normal speed tournaments. The blinds are rising so fast that there is no time to wait for premium hands. They are mainly played through hand ranges in push or fold mode. Calling the big blind to see the flop or bluffing is not recommended in my opinion. There are some videos on how to proceed best on the www. You will definitely be kicked out of the tournament a lot, but if you play a lot of tournaments you can be profitable. The advantage of these tournaments: They are very fast and you can play them in between without investing a lot of time. Many satellite tournaments for larger events are designed as hyper tournaments. ;)

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate Hyper tournaments, in fact you must be more aggressive and expand your range, in the end these tournaments are like playing bingo (imo) you need a lot of luck and your skills and knowledge are of little use especially in the early stages of the tournament

I hate hyper tournaments too. Make no luck... tournament like playing bingo...

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hyper tournaments are suitable for Bingo players or gamblers.

And it's good for poker site to earn buy-in fee. :rolleyes:

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About a hyper tournament.

The number of people of the winner and in Maney.

This is same, so by a normal tournament and same by which the expectation value is ordinariness?