HUD Training -

elitenuts

elitenuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played around with using HUD's a bunch of times over the past couple years. I have an understanding of how they work but I want to learn how to apply all the info into my game.

I have always had success at live games based on instinct, betting habits, basic reads, etc but have not applied math into my game as much as the younger players that have learned poker excusivly playing online.

I am sure, if used properly all this data can help so I am hoping to find a place where I can get some training -

I know HM2 has basic video's but can anyone share a good place to find more info?

Thanks!

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you understand what the stats are its pretty self explanatory. Most HUDs you can pick what info is displayed. For example:

VPIP - voluntary money put in the pot. You can tell how tight, loose, and active a player is by how much they put in the pot when they are not in the blinds.

PFR - Pre-flop Raise - This is the percentage of hands the villain raises pre flop.

PF 3bet - how often they re-raise

Fold to PF 3bet - how often the villain folds to a 3bet

From just these stats I know a LOT about you. How tight or lose you are, how aggressive or passive you are, how likely are you to fold to my 3bets. All from a few stats.

My suggestion is to pick stats you understand and can help you start to profile players then play a few games to see how true the stats are. It can give you an edge because you can see trends and tendencies, but it isn't a crystal ball.

Your not going to find some "training" really on a HUD. It just gives you information and you have to decide how to apply it to your game.