Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello
I have a question - how to play against a 100% nit Heads up?
I just encoutnered one - he was raising when he had, and was folding when he didnt have. Simple.

But I nevertheless lost.
I managed to stack him with pre flop betting a then c-bet which he folded if he missed the flop.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How did you lose? Did you play a big pot without a huge hand?

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No no .
I wouldnt do that.
I had monster, even post flop 2 pair, he rivered trips.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wouldn't worry about it, then. You got unlucky. That's not a skill that you can work on.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
small ball, min raise the sb-cbet the flop, pay attention to his sb raise frequency and size.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with TeUnit. Based on his "style" you will win a ton of hands and he will only win a few. Be like White Fang and take small bites and bleed your opponent to death. Not like Cherokee and hope for that one big chomp to finish him off. I'd avoid a big hand at all costs if I know I can peck away.

R

rehanov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i rarely see a nit in heads up
u can simply be agressive and push him around , until he makes a mistake which he will because he knows u bluff alot and c bet , his stack will keep going down until he get married to one of his hands with just top pair or even middle pair because he simply doesnt believe u
i just dont believe Nits style fits heads up
anyone disagree?

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're playing a nit HU then you need to be raising any two cards on the button to take down the big blind and attacking a large amount of flops with small bets to exploit the way he is playing, and be cautious if he bets multiple streets as this is probably not a bluff from a low stakes nit.

With this said, even against a nit who you are absolutely crushing you're not going to win a normal heads up tournament more than 60-65% of the time at the absolute most, so if you feel you were playing well against his strategy then you can't worry too much.