Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Once, I was watching a Western movie with my family. I was about six years old.
In the film, the hero was in a saloon, playing a massive handful of dollars on a game of Poker with other characters. There was tension there! nervous glances! dripping beads of sweat on foreheads burning sun. A cowboy smoking a cigar huge. A Mexican wiped the sweat from his brow all the time with a handkerchief. Only the hero held the unyielding face. Indecipherable. The letters he had received were face down on the table.
The flop showed three letters: A, 2, K.​
The Mexican looks the two cards in your hand and gives a smile light. The camera puts us in the game to show us his letters: AA. Smiling, he doubles the value of the pot. The Cowboy and the hero pay the bet, the other two players fold.​
Then the dealer shows the turn card: K! The Mexican almost loose from the chair! He has a full house there. AAA, KK. The strongest of all Fullhouse. He looks at the cards, think a little, and put all your money in the lot on the table. All-in !. Cowboy gives up. When the Mexican thinks it was over, the hero paid the bet. A blissful air fills the face of the Mexican to see the pot with so much money.
The dealer then shows the river card: 10! The hero sighs. The Mexican triggers a loud laugh. Lie on lot of money and pulls for you.
But the hero pulls out his gun and hit him on the table. Everyone is real estate. The hero turns one of his letters: Q. The Mexican was sweating like never before. He could not believe it. That hand was almost impossible!
The hero takes his glass and drink a long sip of whiskey. Cowboy Cigar falls from his mouth. The second letter of the hero is revealed: J.
He had a RoyalFlush!
And so began my story with Poker

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frankly i can't remember what exactly caught my attention to the poker game. At that time when i first started playing for pure fun (and with no intention to learn anything or improve my game) around 10 or 11 years ago there was quite a lot of advertising of online poker in my country. At that time it was completely unregulated and being before the black friday there were also plenty of sites offering freerolls or micro games so you could enjoy the game easily even without investing too much money.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
My first contact was several years ago ... one day I was looking for a football game on television and suddenly I saw that on the ESPN channel that they were broadcasting a live poker tournament ... and I got the attention of so I watched him and from there began my life in poker ...!

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.It was when I watched the wsop final table on tv..Peter Eastgate was the winner.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
My first contact was with zynga poker (App) ... i believe it was around 10 years ago or so ... rest is history ;)

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I played poker many years ago with my friends then I stopped playing, they were very cheats. Then I watched a promotion of pokerstars on TV and started again, I played very little, now I'm taking it more seriously to be able to earn money, the situation in my country is very complicated at the moment.

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first contact with poker was with 888 in the beginning, I found it fun to play eggs.
Then I started watching Youtube Daniel Negreanu.:flute:

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I first learned about poker when I watched the movie "Maverick" with Mel Gibson in the title role. After this movie, I always wanted to learn how to play this game, and for the first time I tried to play poker about 8 years ago when I downloaded the 3D Texas Hold'em game on my mobile phone.

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my first contact with poker was long ago .. I remember self-confidently made the first installment and thought I would win ... but I lost almost the first round .. I realized that I still have to learn how to play poker:call2::call2:

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Zynga Poker App when I used to have Facebook!

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was at least 8 years old, and my older cousins were playing play money nl holdem, I always watched them play and one day they invited me to join them. I didn't know what I was doing, but I crap you not, I flopped a straight flush, but I didn't know, so when we showed our hands, my cousin had trips, and I just showed my hand in dissapointment, they looked at each other, and said I had the best hand but "because I didn't say anything" I lost... yeah, my cousins are aceholes. lol

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got to know poker through a friend of mine. And still in the game.

A

alexgava

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My first contact was in a Brazilian magazine, which told the story of Alexandre Gomes, winner of an EPT. At that time, in 2009, I researched poker sites, and many people complained about PokerStars. So I looked for another site, and discovered PKR.com, completely in 3D. Beautiful. But he went bankrupt.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Small party with friends, fall of 2004. One guy introduces us to this "new popular game" called Texas Hold'em. Everybody puts in 5$.

I proceed to luckbox the win of course. The very next day I google "online poker"...

And so it all began :)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I started playing poker about two years ago. My friend always enthusiastically told interesting stories when and how he managed to win money. I became interested and decided to give it a try. Since then, I play regularly, 3-4 days a week.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In 2010 I saw an advertisement for a poker school and a promise to give $ 50 for successfully passing the tests. Naturally, not really believing, I decided to try to get money for free)) Surprisingly easy to pass the tests and they gave me fifty dollars to party poker! About how I successfully lost this money, another story))) Since then, for 10 years, poker is my favorite hobby!

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Playing in zynga poker on facebook in 2007 i think.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first poker contact was when i was a child. We have been playing with friends. My first contact with online poker was around 12 years ago. I play since this time almost everyday.

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched some kind of broadcast about poker, I don’t remember exactly, but then I was very interested in this game! And so far I still play it with pleasure

Gloria_Legenda

Gloria_Legenda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One time i sit on the lesson, and i was so boring so that i download poker on my phone

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First time I start to think about trying to play when I saw Desperite Housewives :D but no one of my friends wanted to play so I started online playing

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Four years ago, I was unemployed and had a lot of free time. So I decided to try playing poker. Now this is my favorite hobby. So far, I have no major achievements, but I am convinced that my victories await me in the future.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First experience with poker was a life lesson. My dad made look like easy money by tanking some hands. After few hours he had both my brother and mine paper route collection due that morning.

With a sleepless night and him returning the funds with a life lesson. Easy money isn't what it looks like.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just recently got introduced to poker (I am a college student). I always had a knack for psychology and poker psychology is no different. I knew about poker (and vaguely knew the rules) for years, but just never got into it. It wasn't until just recently that I was thinking one morning: "Hey, I bet I could be a potentially strong poker player."

I am just starting out with mastering the fundamentals, playing home games and posting in the poker forums here. Nice to meet everyone in this online community :)