How you proceed at the start of a tournament ?

D

Denilson Jr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is worth getting just going all-in to raise up your chips ? or is it better to play cautiously at the beginning ?

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

It's a toss up. you win a third first three hands of a tourney. You wait for a high card low card. Hoping to hit the high card. Better cards are ok too.

It seems though once you get those chips, people squander them away. So risking it is stupid. Because it just costs you more. If after you get 10-20 grand in chips with a 1500 start. You lay low good enough and build it up slowly. Waiting to bully when buy-in's done and tournament is running, seems to make those chips a worth while deal.

It really depends on the person. Some people need those chips, for their ego. Others can wait and pounce at the end when the blinds are bigger. Ask God somehow. A god way is flip a coin or notice what gets you in the money more often. Trial and error on first. Dabble about 20 games a piece see witch was better.

brno22

brno22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
according to the way you play each, in my case I start aggressive

nastena2992

nastena2992

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main mood :) As I understand it, you need to play very carefully ... The main task to get to the final table :)

H

hammersc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play fairly and not risk many chips if you do not have a good hand , trying to steal chips should not be a good choice to play with very strong hands would be essential and primordial

D

DaShizNit1133

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play "small ball" as Daniel would say.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its good to see cheap flops with suited connectros and pockets pairs (in order to setmine).

You want to be in position as much as possible(if not always) .

Dont risk too much money chasing lepricons.

PacMan

PacMan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chips is your treasure, you can not throw them and rely on luck. It is necessary to see the flop only with a strong pocket cards. In the initial stage of the tournament is still a lot of weak players that will surely pay off your nuts.

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah what most of these guy's say, be careful but aggressive and try to chip up early while the blinds are still pretty low.