How are you learning Poker?

N

NeoBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a good poker player but like most i have leaks. I do really good as long a I play my range and go with my gut feelings and reads. I know I could be better at playing poker, but right now I don't have the money to pay these high cost for poker courses and don't really know if they work or are worth the money because you can get so much for free if you take the time and watch the videos on youtube and twitch. So HOW are you getting better at poker and how are you improving your game? what do you do that could help others to improve? One of the ways that I like to study is I bought flopzilla and I go through my hand history and input them into flopzilla and it has helped me to see why I should not have been in that hand or if I folded when i should not have. I have learned a lot using this software. I am looking for new ways to continue learning that don't cost too much. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks plus it could help others.

shykarno

shykarno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am currently learning only on the forum and playing at my level is enough.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Asking questions on here, watching different strategies on tv, utilizing different strategies in smaller stakes, asking other friends that are poker players.

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You mentioned YouTube and Twitch and I think those are two great alternatives. When the streamers are feeling up to it they can give you a lot of insight on interesting hands they play and on the concepts they applied through out it.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learn by F*$#%&G up on the daily basis lol.

In all seriousness, you are going to make mistakes - even at the highest levels possible guys make mistakes. Learn from them, study on the daily basis from all kinds of sources. This forum is extremely helpful - post a few hands up for review to see how others think of your play. Try new things, constantly working to improve your game never ends. The ones who spend ALOT of time studying this game and applying their knowledge are the ones who succeed the most.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am learning without a coaching too, I know how much is hard to study and play making a big effort, but ever is lacking something. I don't feel confortable when I face a problem that I dont know how to solve so I am ever looking for responses. I did already read some books, I have my prefered youtube channells and etc. Learning to win without a coach is very hard, a lot of time in researches, a lot of time trying to join all stuff and trying to understand how that can make sense. Today I recommend for all my friends: "Start from all math concepts you can". I believe that in a short time will be impossible to play profitably without mastering mathematical concepts as nowadays is possible yet. But the great point to learn in my opinion is my hand rewiews for analisis. So I can say that I learn by two ways, studying math and hand analisis.