How you label someone on PS and is that useful?

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually tag players that are fishes and players tight. It help me to be carefull with both type of players, but some players don´t use the same style always and you need to know how it is playing in that moment.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make notes on opponents at PokerStars. In the notes I indicate the style of the opponent's game; the opponent's actions after the flop, turn and river; a bluff with a passive table; theft of blinds; calling station - the main thing that the notes were simple and understandable. The notes help me when the opponent raises and 3-bet on all the streets, tries to steal the blinds.

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright, good luck, don't forget to change the language of your pokerstars to English if you are using copilot

I used as I said before. I don't like it. it'll make me blind or depend on that pro. I don't play 3 or 4 tables at once, but the labeling is much more useful that I just realized. human mind is still the best.
thank you.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, tagging a player helps only if you play with these players too often. Tagging players you just played with a few times, might do you more harm than good, because you cant judge a player if you just saw him play a few times.
If you tagged him as a bluffer just because you saw him bluff a few times, then you come across him and he pushed with a monster card like AA or KK, and you have an ace or a low pair, and your tag says hes a bluffer, the next thing you'd do is call.
Before you know it you are already in a deep hole because of that tag. :p

veronica

veronica

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am to label the players in solid aggressive or fish .. in fact it has served me at the time of believing or not believing him and also when paying a bet ...
I personally do not play with any support program .. and this .. to label the enemy lol I see it very favorable

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used as I said before. I don't like it. it'll make me blind or depend on that pro. I don't play 3 or 4 tables at once, but the labeling is much more useful that I just realized. human mind is still the best.
thank you.

Sure, you are right, labeling creates a very healthy habit, I mean, if you play mostly online and have money a hud is also a good choice, but now you said it I will start to label also, thanks

steadman0

steadman0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use labels and HUD. It can be useful is lots of situations, shove ranges are one of the main things that I tend to label along with player types.

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just gave some colors some really specific characteristics. Fish, TAG, LAG, slow players, tilts, ... if they fit different colors I just don't tag them. Only when someone consistently makes a certain type of play I tag them.

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, but you must to buy HUD, and that is very expensive. Do you pay HUD, or use it free and how ??