1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How you know villain's bluffing?

How often you bluff?

Bluff more profitable in cash or MTT, Holdem or Omaha?

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I find it very difficult to say when someone is bluffing but sometimes you can tell by the way someone is playing but to see this you need more than one hand to play against them but mostly it's just a feeling you have and then you have to decide whether you take this feeling as true or you don't take any risks and still fold even though you have a strong feeling that someone is bluffing. I myself only bluff very rarely, it is because of how people play at my table and how sure I am that my bluff will come through. Bluffing in itself is definitely not advisable for new players because on the one hand you have to know how to assess the players at your table and on the other hand, although bluffing is a component of poker, you first need a certain level of security in poker and you take that deal with the bluff. There are also people who just start bluffing but they are rarely successful in a tournament or whatever they are playing for a poker game.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well if you play the same tournaments a lot and you will get to see their play style and you will get a read on them,
Or if you have a few blocking cards with the flop you can sometimes figure out they are bluffing

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the decisions I make relying on my instinct, for example, strange sizing or it is clear that a person bets a lot, in general, he gives out something and it is clear that he is bluffing

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a great use of "player notes". If you have proof that a player has bluffed (whether they succeed or not), write it down. Now you KNOW this player is capable of a bluff. This doesn't mean that they always bluff, it just means they are capable of it.

Good Luck and God bless

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a great use of "player notes". If you have proof that a player has bluffed (whether they succeed or not), write it down. Now you KNOW this player is capable of a bluff. This doesn't mean that they always bluff, it just means they are capable of it.

Good Luck and God bless
Agree! I like the notes and great idea to write down the bluff just to know that a player is capable of it.

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the name of the tool to discovery a bluff is "tells"
when the player do something that will show how strong is his hand
and in this time will gonna use this information to favored your game
good luck and see you in the tables!

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
I think very few people overbluff in online games, so you can just overfold in many spots. However, on middling draw heavy boards villains go bet, bet, bet even when river bricks. They just have too many draws and they can't really balance their range.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should lay your opponent not just one combination, but a set of possible hands. Remember, you should always take into account the entire possible range of hands! Without understanding the mathematics of poker, you will often play a guessing game, and, accordingly, lose money. There is a simple rule: if your hand has equity against a range higher than the pot odds, you should call.

L

Lexand

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that very few times we´re going to make sure that a player is bluffing, what we can do is assume that he is betting on bluffing.
What helps to make this assumption is the way he plays ... if he plays too many hands, if he bets too much, if he gets involved in too many pots and what hands he shows when he goes to the showdown.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well thats a hard guess, but playing with someone for an amount of time can help. statistics also can make a difference. if he usually rise constantly probably hes bluffing

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This can be seen from the player's rates and by his trading conditions. Often, opponents with a big raise just want to fold the competitors in the fight for the pot. )) With a short stack, bluffing practically does not work, but if you are confident in the strength of your hand, you should not decide for a long time and think about what to do.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if the same player raised from the button on your BB
3 times in a row
would you believe he has the ace?
people complicate this simple fact and make it seem like they dont know what to do
Only because you don't know how to playback at it with either red line or blue line.
Meaning bluff(red) or value(blue)
2 different ways to capitalize on a what should be an Easy read

Many different ways to play the game and many are optimal in different situations. Knowing when to switch is my GTO

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should lay your opponent not just one combination, but a set of possible hands. Remember, you should always take into account the entire possible range of hands! Without understanding the mathematics of poker, you will often play a guessing game, and, accordingly, lose money. There is a simple rule: if your hand has equity against a range higher than the pot odds, you should call.

But there’s no way to know where you stand against an entire range

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always know when a villain is bluffing when I hold the nuts and they're betting into me.