How did you get better at poker?

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you know you are actually better you were before? You win a lot more?

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
99 percent is practice i would imagine, but you also have to learn from various resources, watching videos, reading books, psychology has a great deal to do with it all

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hello friend.The best way to improve yourself is by practice.freerolls may provoid you with skill in order to become a better player.Good luck at your tables.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would think after years of playing,you've experienced almost every situation 20 times and you can use your recall abilities and use them to your advantage. :rolleyes:

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be brought along

Please become aggressive to acquire knowledge of a poker.

G

ggteam2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play and keep playing :D Watch streams if you feel like it, use helpers like ICM trainer and stuff, learn from forums like that and you will succeed!

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Kalvink! I think, main a practice, practice and practice, and etc!..
This is as learn to drive at the car: at first is very difficult, gradually the all
you start doing on auto mode... But play only by bankroll, that more easy
and painless to react on the failures... Good Luck! ;):)

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it helps me to improve the game poker video and streams, but I need to work on the theory regularly is the key to success

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
good day, you can only improve if you dedicate yourself to study to watch videos of players with good strategies that by the way there are many with this I do not mean that you are going to copy some style there are not two ways or two people who play the same style each one adjusts your best poker and the more regular you are at the tables you will realize that little by little you are adjusting and correcting errors that way you will improve your game

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I got better by watching the pros, but I still have a problem
when to bluff.

quartz

quartz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's the same as with any intellectual pursuit where different approaches work better/worse for different people, some people have more innate talent, some people have certain advantages (perhaps networks of people to collaborate on learning with, solver and simulation software+the required hardware to run it, etc).

I wouldn't say I'm good or have specific resources to point anyone to but I think what's helped improve my game is just research on forums and youtube as well as practice online and live

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Cash games can be different, but you also see a lot of 'stupid see - stupid do'. In other words the play seems pretty disciplined till somebody starts playing 'freeroll' style. Then one of two things happens - the table empties out or people check their disciplined play at the door.
Have we been at a cash table before, that sounds like me when I play short sessions. :rofl:

:bandit:
Please become aggressive to acquire knowledge of a poker.
I turned into the Hulk and that still didn't help.

:confused:

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Constant discussion other people's beliefs disputes in everyday play confrontation within you analysis of the hands played self control will lead you to success.All of us here are not perfect and are in constant training.Live and learn!Good luck and find yourself in poker!

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How are you guys getting better at poker? I want to improve my game so i want others opinions and how they did it
Choose tables Never sit down at the table right away. Take a look at your rivals, make sure that you will not be confronted by professionals alone. You should always avoid a game where you have no advantage. Bankroll Management To always make the best decisions and not to worry during the game that only one unsuccessful session can end your poker career - always play on a bankroll. Do yourself a weekend Playing endlessly is impossible, because over time, fatigue will accumulate, which will affect the level of the game and the results. The human brain is not a machine. Give yourself a few days and spend them outside of poker. Upon returning, you will again have motivation and regain strength.good luck man)

Olinosterfant

Olinosterfant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How are you guys getting better at poker? I want to improve my game so i want others opinions and how they did it
I watch a lot of videos, read a lot of books and play a lot of poker. This helps :)

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By watching tons of poker training videos. I remember reading or hearing an adage: "Good poker players learn, great poker players steal." Steal in regards to stealing moves or plays.

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Experience and practice, maybe? I've played more than 10 years, and most important thing is not lose all the bankroll.

Lucky Alalk

Lucky Alalk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Practice is the most important, the more you play the better it goes