How would you evaluate this hand in poker? AKo

haggethiago

haggethiago

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I was in UTG+1 and raised 2BB with AKo. The cutoff went all-in with 16BB. My stack was 28BB at the start of the hand and I was in an early stage of a MTT. I called the all-in. Was this action correct?

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I was in UTG+1 and raised 2BB with AKo. The cutoff went all-in with 16BB. My stack was 28BB at the start of the hand and I was in an early stage of a MTT. I called the all-in. Was this action correct?
I would raise 5BB. But in general, I believe that your decision was quite correct. You had every reason to make such a decision.

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
man, if the bubble had already burst, I would make that all-in, but in the early stages of a tournament, depending on the buyin, I would hardly make that call. I would probably fold

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Most of the time AKo is a trash. I had simular situation early on tournament - my oponent reise, i re-reise (whit AKo), he go all in, i call... Result: he show AA. Literaly the firs hand, if memory serves me right. :cry:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands