Late?
I'd be interested to see the responses.

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I recommend that you try to look for preflop tables for tournaments or money tables, it depends on what you are interested in playing, from there you can see more specifically how to play each pair depending on position, stack, stack of the rivals. A pair of 88 with 20 blinds or with 60 blinds is not the same, nor is it the same to be in UTG or MP with the same pocket pair, it changes and you have to take many things into account before correctly getting involved in a hand. Greetings.

SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very dependent on positioning, relative stack size, and ICM value. I typically don't play anything worse than 8's without shoving them preflop unless I'm the button. The shorter my stack size, the more likely I am to jam middle pocket pairs in worse positioning. I don't believe in always folding half decent hands utg and utg+1. I try to limp and three bet them at least some of the time to create a range
that's difficult to predict. And, flopping a set is always a welcomed occurrence.

Even still, I often play middle pairs timidly because they don't often keep their integrity post flop. picket eights are almost never going to be top pair after the flop, and they're extremely hard to defend. I try not to get into many post flop situations with them. Jamming is usually my default action in decent positioning.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no one piece of advice, I always say that you need to know the style of the players with whom you are at the table, and make a decision based on this.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good question and I am reading the answers. This question is multifaceted (for me personally) and it's hard for me to describe it in one post, and most likely I will miss some variations, here you need to seriously sit down and think about the answer that will be most complete.
I would like to read the answers here and most likely work on my mistakes in understanding the theory, and perhaps give my own vision of some aspects.
But in general, everything has long been written in books and numerous articles on poker, and the nuances to each case, you play yourself and this is your invaluable experience, and it is difficult to tell about the experience without a specific distribution.

Last edited: