How would a pair of 8 play?

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question, it is impossible for me to get the fruit of the pair of 8 in different positions. I would like to know what you recommend me

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love to push it with low stake, usually waiting for flop

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Question, it is impossible for me to get the fruit of the pair of 8 in different positions. I would like to know what you recommend me

Hi.
Welcome to our community.
It depends on many factors.
Tournaments or cash games. Your position at the table. The size of your stack. All of these are important components that should influence your actions and your decisions. There is simply no single and correct scenario.
Good luck.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limp or just a tiny raise and if you don't triple on the flop and encounter agression from others, almost always fold. Don't call on raises after flop hoping for another 8, unless the flop has only lower cards than 8.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This video will help with your preflop gameplan

8s are a very situational hand, sometimes super strong, sometimes not so much!

Tread cautiously my friend :)

V

valanddon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If the bet is not to big, call and hope a eight comes on the flop.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
par de 8

Hi. For me according to the position and the size of the bet, I pay to see the flop if I connect or I see that I can win I continue if I do not fold without hesitation

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eights are the most controversial middle pair preflop. These cards must be discarded in early position. You can call in response to a call from one or two opponents. In middle position, you need to call in any case (except, of course, the opponent's raise, after which, as we remember, you should fold the middle pair). If there are tight players at the table and the rallies are proceeding calmly and carefully, you can raise from 99 from middle position if there is no game activity in front of you. The purpose of this raise is to take the pot preflop. At an aggressive table, such a raise will be very unprofitable, because the chance of calling with a bet from late positions is very high, which means that the desired goal of instantly taking the pot will not be achieved.

Nines from late position are played by calling if there are at least two colors, or raising if there are less than two colors.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on my stack, if i'm short, i go all in, but if i am deep, i like to play with caution.