How strong are your poker math skills?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How strong is your poker math skills? Lets go through some questions lets see how many people get it right, just approx odds.

Put up some of your test questions too. I think it is valuable for us to mentally practice hands for just odds just to polish up our computing power. Yes these excludes "ranges" which is a big factor. But sometimes we don't even know straight odds.

1. You have QQ utg and shoves. 9 handed, what are the odds you are dominated by KK-AA preflopped?

2. You have an open ended str8 on the flop, what are the odds you connect by the river?

3. Heads up, you have JH, 7H, flop is 4H, 8H, 2H, what are the odds, someone have a higher flush draw? What are the odds someone has a have you dominated with a higher flush.

4. You have 22, what are the odds your hand will be counterfeited by a 2 pairs or better on the board by the river? How about 33s, 44s, 55s?

5. Which hand would you choose? Kh, Ks or 10d 9H: Flop 8D, 7D, 10s

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How strong is your poker math skills? Lets go through some questions lets see how many people get it right, just approx odds.

Put up some of your test questions too. I think it is valuable for us to mentally practice hands for just odds just to polish up our computing power. Yes these excludes "ranges" which is a big factor. But sometimes we don't even know straight odds.

1. You have QQ utg and shoves. 9 handed, what are the odds you are dominated by KK-AA preflopped?

2. You have an open ended str8 on the flop, what are the odds you connect by the river?

3. Heads up, you have JH, 7H, flop is 4H, 8H, 2H, what are the odds, someone have a higher flush draw? What are the odds someone has a have you dominated with a higher flush.

4. You have 22, what are the odds your hand will be counterfeited by a 2 pairs or better on the board by the river? How about 33s, 44s, 55s?

5. Which hand would you choose? Kh, Ks or 10d 9H: Flop 8D, 7D, 10s

1.it hurts my brain to calculate this but it must be very low
2.8 outer which is approximately 32%
3.this hurts my brain too but must be very very low
4.i dont know about river but on flop it is something like 34% to be counterfeited by a higher pair
5.looks like a trap quetion so i choose KK:)

Thanks for sharing this. I know what I should study next.