• Thread starter lechiffre702758
  • Start date
L

lechiffre702758

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm new to the game, I want to learn the finer points. How to start learning?

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey man, welcome to CardsChat. Have you ever played Yahtzee? It's kinda like that but w/5 cards instead of 6 dice. The "making a hand" part that is. After that it's all playing your opponent(s). I believe there's a poker course (☝️) here at the forum that can get you started. If you're just ready to dive in then might I suggest playing in "freeroll" tournaments. They are just as they sound, free to enter. There's usually some small prize pool to get your bankroll going or to get back to going, depending on your swing status.
Depending on your geographic location will determine which site you can play on, unless you live in canada. If you're part of the great white north, then kudos to you. GL.

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello :)
Welcome to the CardsChat community.
Play freerolls. This will allow you to learn the basics of the game and not risk your own money. Freerolls are a great and very fun way to learn. In addition, by playing in freerolls, you can start building your own bankroll from scratch :)
Good luck.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, lechiffre702758! By my opinion, for the starting necessary merely to play, that to feel a Game!
Further You self will understand: above what to work in Poker! "Practice Makes Perfect!"

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Start with Hundreds upon Thousands of Freerolls, It cost's you nothing to play them, and if you can beat the bubble in many you can start to save your winnings in order to accumulate a Bankroll.
That is how I and many other players started, and then when you buy-in to a single Table Sit and Go or a bigger multi table Tournament, the money you lose is other players money, not your own.
Remember What you have never had, you cannot lose, and Rome was not built in a day, It takes time, patience and a lot of study to become a successful player.
Good Luck!

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
watch the 30 day training course here on the site, and play as many freerolls as you can...

Trismegisto

Trismegisto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Play as many freerolls as you can, patience, study and consistency

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Start with freerolls build a bankroll,get comfortable playing and find a gameplan that makes you win in the long run and that you enjoy. Once you are a winning player move on to low buyin tournaments.I let my bankroll descide what level of buyin I play on. I need to have twenty times the buyin in my bankroll to enter a tournament.