How to spot someone who hit a set

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Great advice here....spotting a set and folding two pair are the weakest points in my game. I always try and remember on the flop that if i hit a set I'm going to play it pretty fast after I more than likely smooth called preflop. So I look for that ( I think that was already mentioned). If someone raises a dry board I'm always wary of a set.

Or a steal.

-

Both of these and Im usually wrong, If I think hes stealing, he hit a set, If I think he setted a dry flop, he stealing

DUGGS maybe on to something here, I think after every game Im gonna realy make an effort to try to figure out some betting patterns and see if other people play similiar styles like this too. I just dont think my game is gonna advance too much farther if I dont start understanding what Im suppose to be understanding when other people bet certain ways. DAMN POKER IS SO MUCH WORK!

trucker103

trucker103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pair on the board usually player will become a bit aggressive i personnally tend to small bet so i can come over the top a bit !
pair in hand more aggresive makes him think i have something else !

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly when someone hits a set and we hit TPGK or something we are going to lose some money...

Pot control is the key to not getting stacked in these spots, but you will lose a lot of chips.

Obv its way easier if the player is nitty and comes to life on a dry board, but those arent going to be most cases unless you are playing 1-2 live with a bunch of regs or something.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when the board is dry and when i see abnormally high betting patterns i SMELL A RAT. and if it smells like fire and it looks like fire .......it was only a mid pair.i folded my aces for no reason .LOL

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They'll raise for sure, easy way to spot it imo

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight players bet preflop with a pocket pair, and then either check or make a big bet if they flop it. In the moment it is very spotable. If they are aggressive then it will be more difficult to pick up on

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it would be good etiquette if one would 'shout out'..."BINGO", and fist pump til ones arm falls off..

J

JamesTy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah what other said. When the rock get's aggressive or the maniac gets quiet then ya know something is up. Maybe not always set but at least a strong hand.