How to spot a Set vs Set situation?

Z

ZingyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find this to be the most difficult thing to spot, other than the double belly-buster straight. Anyone have any tricks for since usually the money gets in really quick, and sets are very strong, but hard to improve (quads and boats are so rare)
It seems that getting all your chips in pretty quick is wise. If someone is drawing, you want them out of the pot.

Any ideas?

Andrey Smirnov

Andrey Smirnov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually set vs set is cooler like KKvAA and you cant do anything. But against tight players and in specific situations you can find a fold, but its pretty tough decision.

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless you can predict the future, there is no way to know if you in a set over set situation. You just have to play your own hand and then see what your opponent does, and if you have enough information on them, you may have some idea of their ranges and their betting patterns that may give you some clues.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find this to be the most difficult thing to spot, other than the double belly-buster straight. Anyone have any tricks for since usually the money gets in really quick, and sets are very strong, but hard to improve (quads and boats are so rare)
It seems that getting all your chips in pretty quick is wise. If someone is drawing, you want them out of the pot.
...No you don't. If someone is drawing against a strong hand, you don't want them to go. You want them to call and lose their money most of the time.

Against a flush or OESD/DGSD on the flop. you're still a75% favorite to win.

Against a flush + OESD or an OESFD, you're still a 60% favorite to win.

Any ideas?
Sets are really strong hands and you shouldn't be folding them a lot post flop unless you have are really good read on a super nitty player.

For the most part, though, you should be stacking off with sets because of how strong they are and range of hands an opponent will stack off as well: TPTK, 2 pair, draws, weaker sets. Running into set vs set is just a cooler, that's it.

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm... is difficult situation in poker, untill make we lose all money in the table when lose with a higher set. the best way to know opponent hold set is with looking his/her betting pattern. if he/she raises abnormally prepare to fold.

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Any ideas?

my friend! Is there an easy way to learn to recognize the hand of the enemy! Will this set, full care and so on, you just need to play! When you lose a few dozen times to set to set, and then learn to understand! everything is very simple, do not be afraid to make a mistake, to know what it is! You will become wise!

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you can.

This is the ultimate nut cracker. Only if there is a straight draw on the board or flush draw on the board you can consider folding but then still only one card can give you full house.... it's a very hard situation. :

P

Pessoa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sets a hard to spot and its most unlikely two guys make it at the same time, but if they make it, most time one goes off.

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very hard to spot when you are in this situation.
Mos of the time the moneys already in before I realize my set is dead.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless you are super duper deep, this is not something that should concern you.

Set over set is very rare. We don't flop sets and fold. There are exceptions, like if I'm 300 BB deep, and V covers me, I am not getting 300 blinds in on the flop with bottom set. So you must navigate when deep carefully (as always).

100 BB? "Run the cards dealer, I call"

Rounder_740

Rounder_740

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Set vs set is just sick but does happen. Not many ways out of it. In any cases it's set vs flush draw or straight draw. Not too many ways around it

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my friend! knowing Rates motives are not so difficult to understand the player's hand! You just need to be careful when drawing hand!

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im beginner but this is my advice,analyze your oppnent first,if you have top set go big,if it second top and you think oppnent is a sharks then call small raise fold from big raise.. if you have No idea about your oppnnt is safe to fold..

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is not real without super natural abilities

TheHulk7

TheHulk7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is difficult to recognize the game Set vs Set. Here is necessary sufficient experience of the game.
Spread replayer my hand in one of the games of the League CardChat, here I am certainly wrong

https://www.pokerstarter.online/rep....jpg&language=en&gameEntity=0&hash=0979773D06

Interesting hand. I'd never made a raise in this situation.. you do not have a set and your opponent can have a wide range of hands that are stronger than your Q8, for example, AQ, KQ, QJ, QT.. there's a flush draw as well.. but that's just my opinion.. :)

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting hand. I'd never made a raise in this situation.. you do not have a set and your opponent can have a wide range of hands that are stronger than your Q8, for example, AQ, KQ, QJ, QT.. there's a flush draw as well.. but that's just my opinion.. :)

I agree. I am here not playing correctly !!! Here I played on emotions with a feeling of strong hands )))