How to solve the unsuccessful poker table?

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
How to solve the unsuccessful poker table at which you are still in the red? It should remain and wait or leave?

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a break from the game. Go eat & take your time. You may opt to play on a different table. Remember, if you don't spot the sucker in the first hour of play, you are the sucker.

DuffMcGruff

DuffMcGruff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as you making +ev decisions, and the table isn't too tough, I'd say sit as long as you can play. Also,Don't fool yourself into standing up as soon as you get even. I like to never think of myself as stuck or up, what you have is what you have, if that makes sense. As long as you have the bankroll, just focus on making +ev decisions and in the long run you make money. If your stuck, standing up to cut your losses may actually be cutting profit you could have made. It is important not to be results oriented, espically in cash games. Now if your stuck because the tables bad or your on tilt/not playing optimum poker, then yes you should stand up and try your luck another time.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Try to play conservative till good hands come and if it does not work take a break!

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you feel and see that you have an unsuccessful poker session - leave

O

oMONSTERo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm kinda getting that you are Multi Tabling and have a table you just can't get anything going on. I usually leave if It's because I'm out of position with better players and just concentrate on the tables that I'm beating. However if it's just bad cards,flops,turns or rivers and i feel I can beat said table I'll remain. And other times I close the Tables in the green cause I can be a sucker for a good challenge. That's my 2cents I'm sure some of the more Advanced players can give some good advice on this. I think this is a good topic

PKPurple

PKPurple

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being in such a situation, it is best to play very tight until you get good cards