How to set up a trap in tournaments?

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys i readit this forum a lot of these days and am often ran on this termin "make him a trap".So what is this concretely means and how to do that?

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys i readit this forum a lot of these days and am often ran on this termin "make him a trap".So what is this concretely means and how to do that?

Pretend to be a weak player to get the rewards later

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The best way to do that is having a good read on your opponent. For instance, you have AA and are playing against a aggressive player who tends to 3bet all the time to steal blinds when he feels weakness in other players hand. You never should shove against him. Let he thinks he is dominating the hand and make a min raise. Normally, if he doesn't shove preflop, he will 3bet, and you just call. This game will probably ends in a All In.

Well this is just a exemple, but in fact, all depends the way the villain plays, stacks and position.

A

AckLakCak3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The play is definitely read dependent. The main idea is to get villain to bet into the strength of your hand, disguising that he is not in control of the hand. It works best against aggressive players to try and bully the table with 3 bets, re-raises, etc.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what about the players who non stop calls you?They have more chips than you and they are very loose.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Setting a Trap:

I often set a trap for the crazy players that go all in every hand, so I fold about 4 to 5 times, chat with them telling them how scare I am and then when I am sure to have the nuts I call, so they just fall for the trap. It needs a little acting but you need to be careful if is not All in, not to allow a better hand than yours (flush, straight flush), under this probability you need to go All in before the final card that will destroy your trap, may occur. :)

X

xe4ovek

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
they don`t stop coll reiz re-reiz and can`t stop if u don`t have chips just can stay to call for all in

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A trap is having the best hand and smoothly taking all the money.