How to read your opponents

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are sitting in a poker table, it's very important to analyze everything. it's not hard to know which players are relaxed, which are stressed or agitated...
if you are in an important shot, you need to remember everything noted on your head about your opponents, this can help you very much to take the good decision.
The good players are not easy to read, because they change their style permanently, but still there is one thing that they cannot change ; their personalities. so, there is always something which can give you somes indications.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are sitting in a poker table, it's very important to analyze everything. it's not hard to know which players are relaxed, which are stressed or agitated...
if you are in an important shot, you need to remember everything noted on your head about your opponents, this can help you very much to take the good decision.
The good players are not easy to read, because they change their style permanently, but still there is one thing that they cannot change ; their personalities. so, there is always something which can give you somes indications.
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely use them during the game. If I may, I will call you a master.

F

FlopGrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is important to have good memoires on how your opponent play and act on the table.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
So not just : play the player. But also play the players personality and their state of mind.

In live play you can also discuss how their day has been and how they feel about certain things.

If certain things affect them (or if they are lying) takes some time to figure out.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And what do you recommend if you play online. How to read here.

S

sammej00

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Really appreciate the tips guys.
Hopefully this site will make the members on it better and more succesful at poker.:icon_boun

G

GEO12GIO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its hard to pay attention to everything, so i would recommend starting with the button, pay attention to how your opponents play position, then build from there. sometimes you might notice a certain player raises the button most times, so a re raise might make a fold. Other opponents might fold the button a lot, so its likely they dont really know what they are doing. You can take that information and use it later on. btw, ive only been playing a few week, this is just my insight based from the little experience i have

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Probably the best option is to take notes. :D

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Its hard to pay attention to everything, so i would recommend starting with the button, pay attention to how your opponents play position, then build from there. sometimes you might notice a certain player raises the button most times, so a re raise might make a fold. Other opponents might fold the button a lot, so its likely they dont really know what they are doing. You can take that information and use it later on. btw, ive only been playing a few week, this is just my insight based from the little experience i have

Regarding folding on the button, would you raise with a 9 2? Or fold?
Or any other trash hands for that matter.
So generalizing a player becuase they fold or dont raise a button is wrong in my opinion and at the same time I respect your opinion too.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a poker player, hiding well what you have is the most important thing and if you analyze the videos of the professional players there is always something that although minimal other players can intuit if they are bluffing him or not

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really hard to read opponents online. i found a poker tracker to be invaluable in helping me with my table reads online

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

lolwhat?
HoldemManager + sharkscope are giving good reads for all of your tables. But your insight is helpful in case if you're one of those "gifted online poker talents" who play just 1 table at a time.:bandit:

G

GEO12GIO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So generalizing a player becuase they fold or dont raise a button is wrong in my opinion and at the same time I respect your opinion too.

Dont think i would, especially if its not suited, thought i would raise most things that can hit a flush or a straight with both cards
i dont think i am generalising im just making a judgement on how well versed they are on poker strategy by observing how they play the button, because button play is one aspect of poker strategy, and if someone is playing the button well, take note, they might be a dangerous player.
I also think it is a mistake to raise every button, and if you folding the button 4/5 times, your probably folding too much in late position

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! In my opinion, the best way to study the approximate range is to use a hud, notes. The problem is that good players can change the style of the game from time to time, at first they can play tight, then start playing in the exploitation style. Really, it is very difficult to read such an opponent.

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Folding on the button is a fine thing to do. There is no need to play every hand on the button. A hand like 92 i would happily fold. This depends on what players are in the blinds and how they play in that spot. Folding on the button from time to time is a fine play, you will find yourself in many uncomfortable spots raising ever button.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips

Well said:five:

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The secret lies in how to read, I do not know how to do it.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In live game I pay attention to how player acts when he looks like he want to fold.
I remember this hand we were at the river I didn’t hit my draw and I suspect my opponent did not either his hand was so fidgety like he really wanted to check the hand down. So I bet and he folded and I won. he was novice. Since then I notice really good players”act” like they want to fold with their hands then raise when action to them. . So I like watching their hand motion. and figure if they are acting or natural.
If their hand are holding chips some players act like they are trembling it usually means have frightening good hand and want to be paid. If they push the chips with dramatic fashion it generally means weaker hand

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game where you play against your opponent in the first place. Therefore, it is important to understand what hands your opponent may have. Remember that the essence of the game of poker – to beat the opponent, not just to collect a combination of cards. So, if you concentrate exclusively on your cards, and worry about how to put together a better combination – it is unlikely that you will achieve good results at a distance. Poker combinations are an important part of the game, but you need to be able to beat your opponent without cards. If the game is in a deep stage of the tournament, and the opponent has a small stack-its range is much wider than usual. He will always be looking for a good opportunity to go all-in to double and continue the game. In such a situation, you should understand that the range of his hands is quite wide. For example, having got the hands of assorted K8 in the middle position-the opponent will go all-in. In the presence of a good stack, with the same hand, the opponent, in most cases, would not enter the Bank.