How to proceed with 22 or..

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey
I know thats your opinion and all respect to that.

To me raising and calling till river is losing a lot of chips with such tiny pairs.

Probably some one already has you beat on the flop itself...

I guess you misunderstood what I meant by stay around. Its basically saying that If they are checking down it doing that 1 bb (depending on tounrye or cash) I will call it down cheap.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
33 or 44 or 55 or 66 ... 77.. ??
I play such cards very carefully when there is a small bet in the game or when I have a big stack in the game, then I play before the flop to see if a set of my cards falls out, but if the players make big bets, then I mostly play such cards I fold, it's dangerous to play them because the players at the table can interrupt you with high pair or high cards, so you also have to be careful to play such small pairs until you hit a set or even better combinations!

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Either limp early position and fold to a raise. Or raise in late position to steal pots.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Small

Play these hands for as small as possible preflop. If you get lucky enough to flop a set, then enjoy.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
knowing about implied odds become easier to know how to play low pairs.

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all its important on what position you are, what are sb/bb and what is your stack. If there was a few BB raise preflop and you have short stack then you should fold. If there was no raise or 1bb raise then call it and check the flop.

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can open a couple of twos depending on the stack depth and table position if you have less than 25 bb on this hand it is better not to open, on the Big Blind and on the small one it just calls, we also go to the set if the ratio to stack is 1k15

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
if the bet is cheap call and hope to get trips.

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy call before the flop from any position when the price is right. Operative phrase, "When the price is right". Easy fold after the flop if you don't flop a set from any position. If I am lucky enough to flop a set, well then, all the chips are going in by the end of the hand and I am either going to be way happy or getting my rebuy ready, but all the chips WILL BE IN by the river. Of course, the action, possible straights, possible flushes, plus the always present possibility of set over set could easily change the entire scenario but you get the picture. And that's why poker either keeps us coming back or drives us away ....... FOREVER!

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have a position I always want to see it cheap flop. If I'm out of position or if faced with a big bet or raise/ EASY fold

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First you need to decide on the position of our hero. Then, determine the approximate range of hands of our opponents. Without an answer to these theses, the question has little meaning.
If this is a loose table, and you have an early position, this hands need folds. If this is a tight table, then you can afford to raise.
But if this is a late position, then you can afford to call, provided that the pot odds are formed.
And of course, you need to take into account such factors as stack size, bubble, and ITM.