How to play when you meet aggressive player who always goesall-in?

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys,i play mostly weklys on pokerstars and i want some tips on how to act when some off players in beginning of tournament goes all-in every hand.How to assess it when he got weak cards and following him?

A

AckLakCak3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will never know what this player is holding, but you always know what you are holding. Your goal is to get to the late stages and make some money in the tournament. Unless you are holding QQ, KK, AA the best advice is to get out of the way and let someone else make the high risk play early. Those players tend to get eliminated in the early stages. Just stick to your game plan.

B

baxre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If some player allways go allin I make call with hands like AA-77, AK-A9s,KQ,KJs.

Aceplayer55

Aceplayer55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also - Be careful of lowering your AI standards because someone behind you might call too.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What if he does this in the late stage of tournament?

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have example of todaystournament where player has 117000 chips and he constantly goes all-in,he wins out of 4 hands and then i was moved to other table.

Vladimir Smugly

Vladimir Smugly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wait a strong hand and punish him. It's simple.:)

C

chaseslasher

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been wondering this myself. I feel like these players exist heavily on the freeroll side of games. Trying to get a big leap early and if not, well theres another freeroll in an hour. Not like you spent any money to get in. Playing freerolls I see all in bets on the first hand of the game way too often. And all they will have is like an 86 off suit. It can get really frustrating.

H

Halid68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be patient wait strong hand and than kick out him like a pro ;)

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Except you got packet pairs or AK,KQ, fold is best way.
Most of All-in player just play bingo not poker.
Sometime you can All-in, too. If you tired of poker just play it as bingo.
Fine some funny from poker and make you did enjoy in it.

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If some player allways go allin I make call with hands like AA-77, AK-A9s,KQ,KJs.
This is a good starting point. If someone is truly shoving 100% of hands early game you only want to call with hands that have a good chance of dominating two random cards. 77+ and any two broadways are perfect for this.

B

Biznardian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I have a good card just limp and fold when he raises. When in good position and no raises I do small raise like 2 bb. Then fold if reraises and wait for a good card like suited connectors and pairs from 99 and up. Then limp so he goes all in and then I call. Took a lot of them out this way. But be patient and wait for a card with which you can lure them all in while you are way ahead.

R

Ruediggah4k

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rule N1 Keep cool wait on the right hand

garfield89

garfield89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to throw cards and wait to you get AA / KK / AK / AQ / QQ / JJ / AJ but to play it all, or wait for someone else out, because these players do not play long, fast trips to the table

V

velhasil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience and wait for your spot.

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i do the same thing i do when im bow hunting deer,patience ive sat for hours on end waiting in a tree-so for me patience always pays dividends in the end-patience is the first ingrediant for the trap-some cases you may be folding awhile there no reason to risk your tourny life on less than a premium hand,especialy early

M

Manfromltu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just be patient, waiting Good cards and easy call :)

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are talking about guy how Always go all EVERY hand, don't call the blind if you are on move before him, unless you are ready to go all, i guess AA KK QQ AK

And when you kick him out of the game, write Fish symbol in chat box, PS i rly don't like those kind of play players