how to play towards the ends of freerolls

M

MIShroomer47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^ discipline... set a limit for yourself... such as, don't spend any freeroll earnings until you accumulate 5$ or 10$ or 15$ etc... this way you have a breath of chance at cashing once from $1 BI tourneys... which is probably the fastest way to grow a bankroll

bz54321

bz54321

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so hard to play serious once most of players are out. Also, i have trouble not spending the winnings immediatley when im probably exhausted . Any suggestions?>

I do this also I just feel like playing more because i just won. Like last night I won 50 cents and immediately burned 20 cents of it on the .01/.02 fixed limit table. :)

But i did save enough so I can enter the micro tourny.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just read this, DJ's advice is awful, it is really really wrong.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please detail where and how I am wrong.

"Monsters or nothing" - As effective stacks get shorter our value range should widen as opponents calling range widens
"blinding into the money" Just about the worst thing you can do, since everyone is tighter on the bubble due to ICM, you should be loosening your range exploiting people with tight reshove ranges/tight flatting ranges/wide raise-fold ranges.
"loosening up once you get into the money" is just about the worst thing to do, because now everyones range has loosened considerably and you have lost alot of the fold equity that makes the bottom of your range profitable
"I want a return on my time investment" then dont play tournaments, play cash. Tournaments are all about the longterm results, using your strategies will cut your ROI in half and make it very hard to be profitable.

I know you had a big score, well done, but it doesnt mean that what you said is any less wrong

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with 15bb you have minimal fold equity, like you literally have the bare minimum to get 3bet shoves through, and even then people with break their arms calling you off light. many people would say that 15bb often doesnt have fold equity at all.
20bb isnt plenty of chips, we should be looking for 3bet/call, 3bet/fold, 3bet shove and steal spots to maintain a stack ABOVE 20bb, really the tournament equity of 20bb is significantly bigger than 12-14bb, but we really want 35bb+ as this is where we are best able to support our theoretical edge.
your reference to hyper aggressive donks is silly also because you have no idea if their plays are correct since you dont seem to grasp profitable push/fold ranges and what an unexploitably +EV shove is.
also overall your strategy is fundamentally unbalanced and makes you very very very easy to play against, you will shove too tight, call too tight, only raise for value near or ITM, and start flipping ITM with ATC after blinding down to a stack with no fold equity.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, HUDs in a freeroll, really.

tbh though, when is Duggs ever wrong?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
frequently, but i like to think i try to be more receptive to advice from others when I am

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I begin playing a lot more agressive once i hit the 10 big blind mark. Being agressive is the only key in this situation be the bully dont get bullied

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And I disagree with most of what you disagree with me about.

based on? I gave reasoning as to why I think its incorrect, punch holes in my logic if you like

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And I disagree with most of what you disagree with me about.

How do you have 15k posts and have such bad strategy? What the **** have you been talking about?

Freeroll Passwords