How to play top-pair, top-kicker vs short stack on micro table?

• Thread starter PokerPlayer6963
  • Start date
P

PokerPlayer6963

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just lost two hands with top pair vs two short stacked guys.
4NL 6-max
Hand 1:
I am on the button with AdKc. Folds around to me. I raise to 10c, sb folds, and bb, who has a stack of 1.7$, calls.
22c in pot.
Flop:
AhJs7h.
bb checks,I raise to 18c, bb shoves. I call, bb shows Jd7d.

Hand2:
I am on the BB with AcJc. 3 players limp, including the sb(stack 1.8$). I raise to 16c and it folds around to sb, who calls.
40c in pot.
Flop:
3J3 rainbow.
Sb checks, i raise to 25c, Sb shoves, i call. sb shows AA.

Hand 1 villain is playing 73-17 in 41 hands.
Hand 2 villain is playing 67-15 in 50 hands.
\
My question is, was i correct to call in those situations, considering the stakes and the type of players i was up against.
In hand one, i expect him to shove with any ace, a flush draw ,77 or J7.
In hand two, tbh i thought the only hand he could have that beats me would be JJ. was kinda surprised to see him holding AA there.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4x pot check raise

Just lost two hands with top pair vs two short stacked guys.
4NL 6-max
Hand 1:
I am on the button with AdKc. Folds around to me. I raise to 10c, sb folds, and bb, who has a stack of 1.7$, calls.
22c in pot.
Flop:
AhJs7h.
bb checks,I raise to 18c, bb shoves. I call, bb shows Jd7d.

Hand2:
I am on the BB with AcJc. 3 players limp, including the sb(stack 1.8$). I raise to 16c and it folds around to sb, who calls.
40c in pot.
Flop:
3J3 rainbow.
Sb checks, i raise to 25c, Sb shoves, i call. sb shows AA.

Hand 1 villain is playing 73-17 in 41 hands.
Hand 2 villain is playing 67-15 in 50 hands.
\
My question is, was i correct to call in those situations, considering the stakes and the type of players i was up against.
In hand one, i expect him to shove with any ace, a flush draw ,77 or J7.
In hand two, tbh i thought the only hand he could have that beats me would be JJ. was kinda surprised to see him holding AA there.

Thank you for posting.

Hand 1
Is it common in these games to shove 4x pot and expect to get called by KK on that board?
When I play micro stakes all in 4x pot is almost always big hands and big draws. That expect to get called. Not naked Ax and seldom as a bluff especially after I bet an Ace high board.
The pot is 200c and we have to call 142c vs a very unfavorable range.

Seems like a fold to me. 73/17 Raising is not balanced so raising is almost always when they think they are best.

Hand 2

Same situation: the shove is 2.5x pot vs a player (you) who plays premium hands and raised limpers from the BB. You have a strong hand range and they know it, yet they are shoving all-in?

They are not expecting you to fold. That is far more common in the micros than 2x pot, 3x pot, 4x pot bluffs on the flop.

Again 65/15 not balanced means fewer bluffs and fewer thin value shoves like QJ there.
Expect to see A3 JJ QQ maybe/ KK AA

Hope this helps
:):)