How to play through continuous bad beats

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem for me at least is that it's not so much the bad luck, but how it can turn into bad play if you are not careful. I had a stretch of 3 months where my graph was going down almost everyday. In the beginning, it was a string of incredible beats. Then it became me going all in pre flop with stuff like TT and JJ and losing coinflips. Then I started feeling that I was gonna lose so I became very passive and had no fold equity. How to overcome it? Keep playing. Once you feel like your play's been altered, just take a break. For weeks if you have to.

Deluxeliner

Deluxeliner

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also I need to add that you shouldn't focus on the bad beats, but instead focus on solid decision making. The money will be there if you focus on making the best decisions for every opportunity.

Dale Kirk

Dale Kirk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time. I het close. I go all in with AS ,KK, OO, AK, or AO and I swear somebody will call with a 27, or something retarted and hit. I'm starting to think betonline is BS.

Mikeisanace777

Mikeisanace777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop playing online

I suggest live poker it's the real deal otherwise your dealing with garbage full house over quads way more often than reality dictates.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Take a deep breath. If you feel like you're too tilted to play, then stop and take the rest of the day off. The "continuous bad beats" are just run bad that will pass. Two days ago I made a bunch of cashes and one FT. I was playing well and having good results. Then yesterday (on the same site) I couldn't win a hand to save my life. Just beat after beat after beat no matter what hands I had. So I just decided to quit for the day. Its just variance. This may also be a good reason to play on multiple sites. If you're running bad on one, play at the others.

R

ricardibreezer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beats are hard to take but how often do you avoid them when your better hand hand holds up? Players forget about the times they win pots with the best hand & remember the ones where the villian hits a 4 outer. But the point is over the long period the times your better hand holds up will be profitable vs the badbeats.

deiwizzz

deiwizzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i always lose control after some fish cathes impossible river card, how to deal with that ��