pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
small pocket pairs I play them only on the early stage of tournaments when is cheap to see the Flop and get 3 of a kind; is even better if and A or K shows up since they will pay with the top pair.
After that exception not much play them. :3s4: :3s4:

S

satirist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone with even more experience will come along but it depends primarely on position, stack size, effective stack size, effective big blinds.

For example I think a lot of people would advocate 33-77 pairs being shoves from late position if no shoves ahead of you and you have less than 10 big blinds. As for face cards with suited x, suited connectors, or Ax suited/off there are push/fold charts people often consult to get a rough idea of ranges where you want to get all in pre.

Also have to consider small pocket pairs can be great for set mining on a cheap flop. If i'm over 10 big blinds and have some room to maneuver I'll flat call a small 2-3x raise pre in mid to late position, catch a set and I'm likely check raising if its one on one or raise 1/4-1/2 pot on a dry non drawy board and 3/4-1.5 pot on wet draws and scary boards.

On a humble brag I won a tournament recently with A10 off on the button versus the other player who had A9 off. Generally off suits of these I'm hesitant to pay more than 2-3x BB pre flop to see the flop, but if I'm late position and no aggression before me I might raise 2-4x BB.

TL;DR - play small pocket pairs from late position more widely to set mine. If less than 8-10 BBs and no shoves ahead of you, consider shoving pre. Be cautious with Ax.

Are we the same person? Haha. I play LPP's just like that.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most of players would say bet anyway, but i just limp small pockets...And i'm willing to pay 3x bet at any time with small pockets, sillent killers ;)