How to play QQ?

PKPurple

PKPurple

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What should I do when an ace or a king has come out on the flop?

P

Pessoa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
be patience, the A is more dangerous then the King, but i depends on the situation how many are there in the hand, more then three ? then definitely some has it and you shouldn't wage to much, but if there are less it hangs on how you played it pre flop, did you free bet ? then make the C-bet its most like you hold AK so he starts guessing and maybe throw his A 5 suit into the mug, but no guarantee to that

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is my post to show you all just how stupid I am too many times here lately. I sit here trying to advise this guy how to play QQ and I sit here and layed it all out like a picture so it might help to explain something I have done so many times and what I do on this fine advice is to go all the way and then I notice MY DUMB ASS left out the ****ing 5 board cards How In the **** does a good experienced player give usable advice and leave out those parts. **** that stupid shit makes me so ****ing mad that I wish I could kick my own ass and if I could surly I could put a dent in this thing on my shoulders I use to carry around what I think is what really works what the **** was I thinking. You all know what. I should pass out a few of those dollars I won using it This stupid ****ing shit has my ass hot and it 50 out side. You all keep you sees out for me at a table and every player involved will get $20 on me. If I'm going to go stupid like that I swear that I plan to play the part for as long as it takes to either go broke or deciede that there is no hope of remove that huge picture of my lost ass giving advice to every player while I have to walk around to each hand and see the advice I can give that's even usable adfukc for my dumb stupid stupid ass that don't know shit if I leave out such a really big part that is so ****ing big there is no hand to play. THE ****ING END OF THE ONLY HAND OF POKER EVER TRIED WITHOUT THE PARTS THE MAKE IT A ****ING HAND IN THE FIRST PLACE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THE STUPID ASS IS JUST ASK AND YOU WILL BE TOLD IT'S MY DUMB ****ING ASS PPPappaCTHE THE SMARTEST DUMB ****ER TO EVER PLAY THE GAME

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It depends. What happened pre? Are you IP or OOP? Did you open? Did you 3!? Did you call an open or 3!? Who, and how many, stuck around for the flop?

For the most part, proceed with caution. The ace is always bad news when you have pocket queens since there are a lot of (Ax) calling hands. Kings, not so much.

How did you range the vill(s)? Could they play pre with a hand that didn't hit that flop? Are they FoFfie, and to what extent? Does the vill like to bluff at high card flops?

You need to consider these things before getting too involved with (QQ) when overs hit the board.

TheMagic

TheMagic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dorugremon said everything, but just to complete the general idea :
QQ is a strong hand, but you have to analyse factor like : type of opponents that you´re playing against; range pre-flop; position in table, remembering that in early positions this hand can become a horrible one, depending on the number of players in the game and the post-flop action, like you said.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Heed the advice that Dorugremon and The Magic have given you, and take into account the amount on the table, the table limits and weigh your risk reward.....and lastly, you may have to hold your nose and jump right in....be prepared; you may need to wear adult diapers, because, on occasion, you know what is going to fly!!!!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I just hate JJ and QQ , always trouble you find with these . It's as dorugremon said , the preflop action is very important and how many players are in the hand and if you are in position . I yet struggle to learn to play it better . In cash games I play it only for set , or else passively , in position maybe more bet . But I trully hate it . Today I lost 1/4 of my stack to QQ , didn't see that coming :(

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
With caution because you have to take into account that it is possible that an opponent can have a higher pair, so it is recommended that you play a little carefully and if you get a trio there if you see a little more aggressive to pay

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on the opponent
vs tight - aggresive
vs aggresive - tight

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't be surprised if u have to go allin be knot afraid

U

uready4dis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lose with QQ all the time so best way to play them is be careful, dont always go all in with them, lots of times A or K will pop up

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends ... if he has an A or K then you fold, if he does not, and you have something that can pay you, then you bet.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against 1 opponent, maybe 2, I'll cbet an A high or K high flop almost 100% of the time and expect to take it down majority of the time. Then slow down and try to get to cheap showdown if called.

Against 3 or more players, I probably try to get to cheap showdown. I might check/call if someone bets and everyone else folds to see if I can see a free river/cheap showdown.

S

Steve_StudAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we are all learning here through experience. Much of the reading happens to be good advice for live play where QQ pockets are pretty good to have. Online, QQ can not be so good so quick. Players actions before the flop and in previous hands are a big tell in my book to their potential holdings.

A and K hit the board and peoples hands online at a far greater frequency than real world, just be careful.

Just be ready to throw them away and play them set mining IMHO.

Nick Lopez

Nick Lopez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it would be better to bet and wait if some other player raises your bet and if they do just match the bet and wait for the flop but be sure that when you fall QQ there is always a player who has an A in his hand and almost always comes out An A or a K on the flop and if so it would be better not to go on the bet because on the turn and the river it is very difficult for a Q to come out.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on my preflop action, position, and how many players are in the hand. I prefer to be able to have position and make the opening bet. If I get callers I proceed very carefully. If someone raises me I dump.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not enough information as usual. If i bet raised with queens which I would have then I will do a continuation bet automatically if i get a call I slow down at times or bet again to get the value card depending on my stack. If I am in control at least im controlling the value and pot is my two cents.

Bassaliga

Bassaliga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
small raise, check, count 2-3 BB. If it got to the table on the situation, if you put more than half of the bank's fold

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The biggest disappointment with a pair of pocket Queens is when the flop come out aces or kings. In this case, You only have to make a long bet and hope that the opponent will fold his cards. But if the opponent You get a raise, you should fold your hand, not to lose even more money.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The biggest disappointment with a pair of pocket Queens is when the flop come out aces or kings. In this case, You only have to make a long bet and hope that the opponent will fold his cards. But if the opponent You get a raise, you should fold your hand, not to lose even more money.
I agree.
Its not hard to fold QQ if an opponent raised your bet.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Someone has some strategy because I'm only getting bad with QQ.

G

gosunoob

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it really depends on several things.

Did we raise pre-flop? If so how many people are left in the hand on the flop?

If there is only 1, I would C-bet regardless of our position 100% of the time. If there are 2, I would probably C-bet 50% of the time if we are first to act, and 100% if it gets checked to us in position.

Additionally if we are only up against 1 person (ideal situation) and we are out of position, I would consider firing at the board twice depending on the opponent. If he's one of those people who will never lay down K-J on a K-9-5 board, then in position we fire a c-bet, and if he calls we check back the turn if it isn't favorable.

Against a stronger player who is able to fold a hand like that, I think out of position at times we can fire 2 bullets, and expect a fold on the turn a reasonable percentage of the time.