How to Play Pocket Pairs

Tigerdoom

Tigerdoom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am more successful raising 3x getting rid of weaker hands than I am limping with them, I will generally lose :(

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very often I lost pocket pair when I played at a small bet, now if the pocket pair drops good, I play aggressively on a good pair, and that the flop had fewer players, but it all depends on your position and stack in the game!

B

Badbunny

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like play AA in early position like bb and I go allin

515bastos

515bastos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play aggressively, always raise + then 3bb

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i get high pocket pairs, 10 up i would raise at least 3bb. But after the flop i would forget about playing my pair and would start playing my opponent. Its dangerous to fall in love with your pocket pair and go all out even if the table is showing a possible straight or flush draws.

With mid pairs or lower i just call and hope for a set on the flop. If i dont get the set and the opponents starts betting heavy i would fold them.

viniciusamrs

viniciusamrs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My preferred pocket pair is QQ. If i were in the begin of the tournament, i always do 3 bb + 1bb (1bb for each limp in the table) for they go out before the flop i dont wanna a lucky guys in the same pot as me. If i'm in the bubble, i go all in, ever time a had a pocket pair and suited cards if i here in position and a have a good stack at this moment, because a lot of players are afraid to get they allin in this particular moment.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always pay attention to all possible combinations, but the set on the flop is the best option. When it's over couple then it's good!